Thread: Tanners Creek

Tanners Creek

What level does the river have to be in Cincinnati for the tanners creek ramp to be unusable? I'm wondering about the BFL this weekend. Right now the level is forecast to be 38 feet Saturday.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

Most of the local trails use 34 feet at the Cincinnati gage. Over that and its creeping into the parking lot.

Thanks. I thought 34 was the magic number, but I don't fish there often enough to remember. If it really hits 38, it will doing more than creeping into the parking lot.
    Steve Sendelweck

Looks like it might hit 40 by Friday, needs postponed now so those traveling any distance can cancel hotel reservations etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Looks like it might hit 40 by Friday, needs postponed now so those traveling any distance can cancel hotel reservations etc.
    I sent the tournament director an email saying that very same thing. I doubt they will cancel or postpone it, but they might try to move the tournament to another body of water.
    Steve Sendelweck

6. Member
    As a non-boater (first year) I am not real keen on putting my life in the hands of a stranger on a river full of trash and rippin current. I made a promise to my link that I would see it through to the last one and I will keep that promise. I hope it gets canceled or moved. I would think though, the BFL would have trouble getting permits this quick to move it to Monroe or Patoka.

7. Member
    I am entered as a boater and have over 30 years experience on this pool of the river. Saturday morning river forecast is 39' and falling throughout the day. I too, feel it should be canceled or moved. I am sure canceling will upset the "business model", but saftey should come first.

I suggest anyone entered in this tournament that has concerns should contact FLW and let them know. Its been my experience that they don't really understand what the local conditions are until they get to the tournament site on Friday, and then its too late for those of us that have traveled and committed to motel reservations.
    Steve Sendelweck

9. Banned
    At 40" the old ramp at Tanners is under water, you'd have to put your tailpipe under water to launch... The new ramp they built for tournament might be good to use... ... And yes, 34" on the Cincinnati gauge is when most if not all local tournaments cancel... Dan

Just got moved to Rough River, emails going out soon. The state Park lodge filled up in about 10 minutes of word getting out. The pine tree had a couple rooms left about 5 minutes ago.

Rough might be a mud hole after all this rain, but at least I don't have to drive as far now. Guess I'm sleeping at home now.
    Steve Sendelweck

12. Member
    Last edited by dstep0; 09-25-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Just got moved to Rough River, emails going out soon. The state Park lodge filled up in about 10 minutes of word getting out. The pine tree had a couple rooms left about 5 minutes ago.
    I hope that place is in better shape than when I saw it last several years ago.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by besnyde View Post
    I hope that place is in better shape than when I saw it last several years ago.
    What do you mean by better shape?