Lake Fork Update

For those who did not make it, the tourney hit the lake when it was right at 2 feet low. The water temps were in the high 70's and low 80's. Air temps were about the same.

Friday we had some cloud cover, with a few breaks. Light winds. (Until time to head for the weigh-in) We found fish to be very selective about what they wanted. No chugger baits, spinner baits, or other moving baits were working for us. We finally found several around and in some lily pads. I got a few blow ups on frogs, but when I threw a weighless Super Fluke in the thickest pads we discovered they were waiting for something slow to come along. We caught 7 fish Friday. My brother got 2 checks. $5900 dollars worth, I got a big goose egg for the day.

Saturday morning it was raining when we arrived at the ramp and had been for several hours. We went to our spot and it rained all day. We saw a few minutes of light rain, but for the most of the day was a wash out. We managed to find a few fish in the same areas as Friday. Using the same baits I was able to get a check for $800. My brother got the goose egg.

Sunday was a morning with light sprinkles, we saw a lake rise of 4.5" in 12 hours. (almost 10" in the past 48 hrs)As daylight came the rains held off for several hours. The rains started back at around 12 noon and were scattered. I managed another check for $375, my brother goose egged again. (we caught a lot of fish, just not the right ones)

All total there was close to 2400 entries in the tournament.
    The biggest fish was 11.15 lbs
    There were 894 bass weighed in.

Below is the final top 5

Better Luck Next Time !!!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Banned
    Great write up and some great prizes for sure. Do not think we have anything like this here in NC. CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!

3. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Lake Guntersville is about the closest I know about
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX