Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Prop for flashed 75

Currently: 2017 Tracker 175TXW, 75 Merc 4-stroke mounted in 2nd hole.
    17P X7 turns around 38 @4980.

Within 2 weeks: Outboard will be raised to the 3rd hole and ecm flashed.

Although flashed, I’d still like to keep the wot rpm’s somewhere around 5750 or so.

I’m looking to a 19P X7 or 20 Laser II.

Choose one of these or something different?

Right now your just making a guess. Once you get the motor raised and the ECU flashed you will have a real numbers to go buy. I would not do anything until after I know what my current set up does.

3. Banned
    I hear ya. Just trying to get my ducks in a row.

4. Member
    What are the WOT rpm's on the motor now?

5. Member
    That motor has to be turning more than 4980 rpm's more like 5700 now if it has a 2.33 lower unit on it or it wouldn't go 38 mph so I'd say your tach is wrong. Could be the tach or the setting.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    That motor has to be turning more than 4980 rpm's more like 5700 now if it has a 2.33 lower unit on it or it wouldn't go 38 mph so I'd say your tach is wrong. Could be the tach or the setting.
    2.07 case. Rpm from vessel view.

7. Member
    I have tried both these props, and both work well. The x7 handles a bit better overall, but the Laser is a bit faster on top speed. I fish mostly alone and either is a good choice. When loaded with wells full and a partner neither is the answer. I can not turn them hard enough to reach a decent speed. This is on a 2013 crestliner vt17 with a 2013 75 4s with a Simons tune with the motor mounted in the third hole. Your results may be quite different.
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post

Although flashed, I’d still like to keep the wot rpm’s somewhere around 5750 or so.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I have tried both these props, and both work well. The x7 handles a bit better overall, but the Laser is a bit faster on top speed. I fish mostly alone and either is a good choice. When loaded with wells full and a partner neither is the answer. I can not turn them hard enough to reach a decent speed. This is on a 2013 crestliner vt17 with a 2013 75 4s with a Simons tune with the motor mounted in the third hole. Your results may be quite different.
    Well, crap. I always fish with a partner, have 3 batteries, etc. I just have a feeling the 17P will be a bit under and I was hoping to turn the 19P to 5750. I guess I'll just have to experiment..that can get expensive quickly.

9. Member
    Run what you have now with the flash, then decide how much you may need to change based on what you find.
    Well, crap. I always fish with a partner, have 3 batteries, etc. I just have a feeling the 17P will be a bit under and I was hoping to turn the 19P to 5750. I guess I'll just have to experiment..that can get expensive quickly.

10. Banned
    Run what you have now with the flash, then decide how much you may need to change based on what you find.
    Looks like what I’m going to have to do. Takes me an hour and a half (and 1/4 tank of $4.09 diesel) to get to the lake. Figured I could try to save myself a trip. It’s only time and diesel....

11. Member
    You may be closer than you think. My Merc has the 2.33 lower gears. That will make a difference in our comparison. All you can do is try and see where you are at. Good luck buddy.

I would call Mark Croxten and discuss this with him before doing anything else. I would also run your numbers thru a prop calculator to evaluate where you at now.
    http://www.mercuryracing.com/prop-slip-calculator/
    Thank You Leon Pugh

13. Banned
    I’ll run the 17P X7 once and go from there. Seems to be too many variables and unknowns.

14. Member
    Let us know how it goes.
    I’ll run the 17P X7 once and go from there. Seems to be too many variables and unknowns.

15. Banned
    Let us know how it goes.
    Will do. Probably 3rd week of October.

If using the same prop AND you are able to achieve 5700RPM's, you will see apx 43MPH with same slip numbers. Which are pretty good by the way. 7ish if calculating as 18 pitch for added cup/performance props per Mark Croxton

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

17. Member
    If u want the maximum performance out of it. U going to have to break down and get a jack plate. So u can fine tune it.Keep trying u will find the sweet spot

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    If using the same prop AND you are able to achieve 5700RPM's, you will see apx 43MPH with same slip numbers. Which are pretty good by the way. 7ish if calculating as 18 pitch for added cup/performance props per Mark Croxton
    I was able to get 42.5 @ 5720 with the 17P X7.

19. Member
    Nice gains. Did Simons do it for you?

Curious as to what the new claimed HP is with the flash? Is this the one that goes all the way to 115HP? Also did you leave the motor in the same hole or did you change 2 things at once?

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    Nice gains. Did Simons do it for you?

Curious as to what the new claimed HP is with the flash? Is this the one that goes all the way to 115HP? Also did you leave the motor in the same hole or did you change 2 things at once?
    Yes on Simon. I went 3rd hole at the same time as flash. If I had to guess on HP, maybe 100. The true 115 engine has a little more lift in the cam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast