Thread: RT 188

RT 188

Hey guys im shopping around for a Ranger RT188 looking for leftover or a slightly used boat, I check all the usual sites often and live in NE Oklahoma. What should I expect to pay for one?
    Thanks

2. Member
    Check with Anglers Choice Marine in NC I got a 2016 loaded very reasonable They have a excellent reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by kindlel View Post
    Hey guys im shopping around for a Ranger RT188 looking for leftover or a slightly used boat, I check all the usual sites often and live in NE Oklahoma. What should I expect to pay for one?
    Thanks
    ble

I thought I saw a new 2018 RT188 for 24K at Boat Warehouse in Southaven MS. (Memphis) but I don’t see it in their current inventory list. Might be worth some more research though. I also notice that they have several Vexus if th at is of interest.
    https://www.memphisboats.com/default...ranger%20boats

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    I have a friend who won the American Crappie Trail tournament that was held on September 14-15, 2018 at Grenada Lake here in MS. First place’s prize was a certificate for a new Ranger RT188c with a 115 Evinrude eTec motor (the certificate is valued at $25,600). He and his partner want to sell the certificate for $20,000. This will allow the purchaser to order through the Ranger dealer of their choice and also select the color, pick trolling motor and electronics, etc. I have no experience with boat certificates that have been won as a tournament prize but this seems like a pretty good deal for a person who wants a new Ranger RT188c (if the Evinrude motor is t a deal breaker). If anybody is interested in this offer, text me at 662-816-3090. I’ll be glad to try to get you in touch with my friend. I’m sure he can explain everything in detail.

5. Member
    Also, anybody that wants to can look on the American Crappie Trail website and see the results for their September 14-15, 2018 tournament at Grenada Lake and verify that the first place team (Stephen Sullivan and Jamie Roberson) won a Ranger RT188c. Stephen is my friend (and dentist) and he lives in Batesville, MS. I had an appointment at his office today and he asked me if I knew of anybody who might be looking for a boat. I told him that I didn’t but then I saw this post and decided to put this out there in response.

6. Member
    You can find a nice used late model RT188 for around 18 or so and a new one for around 25 if you don't mind driving a little. I have been was wanting one too and spent a lot of time researching. It seems like I am always working on or upgrading my boat and would like to move to something reliable that fishes nice and big. I have fished some in the RT188 and they fish great and don't tip from side to side when you or the other guy moves around. Some boats are bad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kindlel View Post
    Thanks
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

7. Member
    I just got a new leftover 2018 with 115 ETEC today for $22,100 including freight and prep.

8. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    I just got a new leftover 2018 with 115 ETEC today for $22,100 including freight and prep.
    That's a-heck-of-a-deal! Congrats!

2 Stroke all the way!!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    That's a-heck-of-a-deal! Congrats!

2 Stroke all the way!!
    Thanks King Fish. I almost thought it too good to be true. Things like this don't normally happen to me. It seems it's something I hear about elsewhere. I am quite excited as I ordered my current boat new from the dealer back in 1996, so I guess it was time. I think I'm more excited about that Evinrude with the ease of winterizing, 10 year warranty, etc. than I am the boat!!

If anybody else is interested, the dealer has another one left at the same price. Exact boat, motor, options, etc. but different color. 2018 RT188, maroon in color, with 2018 Evinrude ETEC 115 HO and comes with: 3 bank charger, prop, transducer mounting bracket, upgraded aluminum mag wheels, spare tire with mag wheel, retractable boat buckle tie downs and 3 batteries. $22,100 including freight and prep. Small family dealership, dealt directly with E.J., the owner....amazing to say the least. Anglers Edge in Loves Park (Rockford), Illinois.
    Last edited by madmurph; 10-16-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    That's a great deal on that boat. It's about as good as I have seen. You will really like fishing from it - especially if you fish shallow water much. It is the best shallow water fishing boat I have ever been in. I hope you got it in time to get the 10 year motor warranty they had running. Either way, it is a very good price considering what some boats are selling for now and that I think they have gone to MAP pricing. Good job. Post a picture with that Evinrude on it.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

11. Member
    Damn!!! That's less than I paid for my 2015 new. It's hard to believe but I looked at their web site and low and behold......it's true

12. Member
    That is the deal of the century. Good job.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710