Sea cast type material ?

Someone mentioned a material like sea cast that will bond to deteriorated wood, anyone know what it was? I have a I/O job that needs stringers done where motor mounts are located.

2. Member
    Check out website www.transomrepair.net
    Good explanation and how to pour stringer

3. Member
    I totally replaced all my stringers with seacast and one thing they tell you is remove all the wood. You can call and talk to Sabine she owns the company or Bruce and they will be more than happy to help you out with the process to use Seacast.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

4. Member
    I have used Seacast in the past, but someone said they used a product that will bond to rotted wood. I am only doing a 6ft section where the I/O sits.

5. Member
    I don’t know of anything out there that would bond to rotten wood. Not sure if it would have any strength. Just my opinion.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    I have used Seacast in the past, but someone said they used a product that will bond to rotted wood. I am only doing a 6ft section where the I/O sits.
    You may be referring to Git-Rot. YouTube it and see if it's what you're thinking of.