Anyone Recommend Evinrude service mechanic?

I am having engine problems on my Evinrude etec ho. Wondering if anyone wants to recommend me to a great service mechanic/shop. I live in the south suburbs of Chicago.
    I appreciate it very much.

2. Member
    Lake County Watersports in Wauconda. Good guys get you back on the water quickly.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994RANGER482 View Post
    Lake County Watersports in Wauconda. Good guys get you back on the water quickly.
    Agree. I've been using Wauconda Boat (LCWS) to maintain/repair my motors for over 20 years.

DC Marine in Channahon …. did a great job on the Merc 200 EFI … repowered with a rebuilt powerhead and it's runs like brand new. The shop looks like a bomb went off but those guys are very good at fixing motors.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

5. Member
    I figured I would put an update on this and maybe it will help someone out. In Tinley Park area the closest etec certified mechanic is in Kankakee. I won’t discuss on here, but I won’t bring my boat there. Which is why I posted this a while ago and I appreciate the recommendations you guys had. But they are still a haul.
    Well I read on another post from someone else in this Illinois thread and they mentioned a guy named don opened and independent shop in oak Forest where all seasons marine used to be. I called him due to the recommendation from here. At first he said he didn’t have the software to program things in the emm such as injectors and other items. He called me the next day and said he decided to purchase the software. He is a new shop so figured it would be worth the investment. Well I decided to bring my boat to him because of it.
    He did great work and was very very easy to work with. I had a very tight schedule and didn’t want to leave my bot there and needed it done ASAP. He was cool with everything and jumped on it as soon as I brought the boat.
    I could ramble on but I won’t. The guy 100% has my business going forward. I do not know him and have zero ties to him besides someone posted his shop name on this website. If your looking for someone local I 100% recommend him. I believe the name of the shop is all aboard.
    Trustworthy and reliable mechanics have been very hard for me to come by. So if someone is in my same situation give him a try. And hopefully it works out the same for you.
    If you need evinrude warranty work tho, he cannot do it. He is not an evinrude certified mechanic

6. Member
    Is this his website ? http://allaboardboatrepairil.com/
    Strange that his name is not on the about page,

7. Member
    Yes that is his website.

8. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I met him at a Lunch spot(81 club) on the east side a couple years ago and he seemed like a straight shooter and honest guy. I took a card and went to his previous garage in Midlothian and he was hard at work on a boat. I haven't used my Bassboat enough to get anything fixed but allaboard or Calumet marine would be my first choice.

9. Member
    Another vote for Lake county watersports. Last year I had a engine problem, I took it to them and gave them cart-blanch to fix it. They found a faulty water pump and loose oil cap, charge was super cheap. They could have stuck it to me, I would not have known.