Good finesse rod for the money?

Any suggestions on a good finesse spinning rod for the money? Something around 7' and ML.

2. Member
    St Croix Avid or Avid X. You’d be hard pressed to find a better finesse rod. Loads well, can cast a mile and you can feel a butterfly fart on it
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    I really like my Abu Garcia Villain 2.0s. They retail for $200 but can be found for around $140 Online

4. Member
    I was running a BPS Carbonlite dropshot rod for years until upgrading to an IMX Pro. Great rod for the money.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I really like my Abu Garcia Villain 2.0s. They retail for $200 but can be found for around $140 Online
    +1

6. Member
    ML AVID
    I have ML/Mod 8' Avid awesome stick. Senkos paddle tails spinnerbaits ned rigs crankbaits

7. Member
    I've got an Alpha Angler DSR. I have really enjoyed it thus far.

8. Member
    How much are you wanting to spend, without that you will get rods all over the spectrum cost wise.

ALX Rods ZOLO Trickster is pretty popular... https://www.alxrods.com/product/trickster

What are you planning to using it for? Shakey? NED? Drop shot?

10. Scraps
    Powell Nusance/Inferno 610. They may be on clearance at TW or Powell direct.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    Abu Garcia Villain 2.0

The 6'10" ML is an excellent stick.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    Abu Garcia Villain 2.0

The 6'10" ML is an excellent stick.
    Tackletour gave this rod an "Editor's Choice Award". I accidentally got a casting model, but haven't used it yet. (Ordered late one night and didn't pay close enough attention as I thought I was ordering the spinning model. ) I have a couple ALX rods and like them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    Tackletour gave this rod an "Editor's Choice Award". I accidentally got a casting model, but haven't used it yet. (Ordered late one night and didn't pay close enough attention as I thought I was ordering the spinning model. )
    No offense... have you ever seen a rod on there not get a decent review? They might pick on a few things here and there... but everything usually is rated as a pretty good rod. I think the lowest I've ever seen is 7.5 or 7.4. Keep in mind money is made off reviews. Maybe not directly, but indirectly via product that is "given" and then sold, etc.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    Tackletour gave this rod an "Editor's Choice Award". I accidentally got a casting model, but haven't used it yet. (Ordered late one night and didn't pay close enough attention as I thought I was ordering the spinning model. ) I have a couple ALX rods and like them a lot.
    The 6-10 casting version is an excellent light swimbait rod. Think 1/4 head with 3.8 fat impact. It's also not a bad jerkbait rod.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Powell Nusance/Inferno 610. They may be on clearance at TW or Powell direct.
    Agreed. The Inferno 6103 spinning rod is an awesome rod. Hard to beat for the price.