Thread: 1199 si units

1199 si units

I bought a boat that has 3 1199 units and 360. I had just sold a boat that I installed a couple elite 9 lowrance graphs on. I still didnt grasp lowrance 100% and now am trying to learn about the HB graphs.

If I was to buy a helix/solix for the front of the boat would I need to change transducers? And would it link up with the 2 1199s on the console? So confusing

You’ll need to get the HB Ethernet switch to network more than 2 units/devices. The helix will be best if you plan to keep the 1199’s because they’ll have a similar menu structure and operating system. Solix is very different. I’m not sure if the transducer will share. My guess is the non mega frequencies will share. If by share you meant plug into the back of the unit, that I don’t know.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

3. Member
    hollada,

Thank you. Ya, not sure if they will share info together and if i would need a new transducer on the front. I think I may just use them for now and change them in the future.

You can share ONLY waypoints with a SOLIX.
    SOLIX/ONIX transducers are not compatible with Helix or number series units, they have 14 pin plugs.

The only direct replacement Helix SI unit would be any version of Helix 5 or Helix 7, or first generation Helix 9, 10, or 12 to use the HDSI transducer you have.
    Helix MEGA SI unit's transducers have a dedicated DI crystal. A HDSI transducer does not have DI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL