Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have removed and re-installed my NGB on my Ultrex using the two sided 3M tape from Lowes. Very simple to do.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Here's my solution for weedy lakes like Clear Lake and the Calif Delta. I run a Kipawa prop and a Ninja Grass Blade on my Ultrex. Works VERY well, like 95%.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Kipa...ge-KIPAPP.html

http://www.ninjagrassblade.com/

Check this out !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=d9D8rO-T1V8
    Last edited by wmitch2; 10-26-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Banned

4. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    It has been discussed on BBC before and determined it does NOT void the warranty. You do not have to modify (drill holes) to install it. It no more voids the warranty than the Trol-Lok, which you have to drill a hole to install. The factory Techs will not work on it.....
    from Minn Kota warranty Exclusions and Limitatations.....

This limited warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, blemishes that do not affect the operation of the product, or damage caused by accidents, abuse, alteration, modification.......
    THE USE OF OTHER REPLACEMENT PARTS NOT MEETING THE DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ORIGINAL PARTS WILL NOT BE COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou r Pitcher View Post
    from Minn Kota warranty Exclusions and Limitatations.....
    I respectfully disagree with the above statement as it pertains to swapping the prop and the use of the ninja blade.
    Even drilling a hole in the skeg to use as an extra grounding for DI interference should not effect any warranty.
    If you are worried about it then just swap the prop back to MinnKota's before getting it fixed.

But this is just my personal experience with MK and others may differ

Quote Originally Posted by D-wayne View Post
    Even drilling a hole in the skeg to use as an extra grounding for DI interference should not effect any warranty.
    This limited warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, blemishes that do not affect the operation of the product, or damage caused by accidents, abuse, alteration, modification.......
    Good luck with that one ..

7. Moderator
    Correct, MK will not replace your skeg on warranty if you drilled a hole in it.

They would still cover parts that can fail unrelated to a hole in the skeg.

Your logic seems bad. They do not say that cosmetic modifications voids the warranty on the entire TM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    Correct, MK will not replace your skeg on warranty if you drilled a hole in it.

They would still cover parts that can fail unrelated to a hole in the skeg.

Your logic seems bad. They do not say that cosmetic modifications voids the warranty on the entire TM.
    That depends on the ASC and MinnKota. This section: This limited warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, blemishes that do not affect the operation of the product, or damage caused by accidents, abuse, alteration, modification, shipping damages, acts of God, negligence of the user or misuse, improper or insufficient care or maintenance. DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE USE OF OTHER REPLACEMENT PARTS NOT MEETING THE DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ORIGINAL PARTS WILL NOT BE COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
    This, in most cases, is a subjected call by the ASC. In other words, would I replace a control board under warranty if someone drilled a hole in the skeg for a ground wire -- certainly. Would I replace a control board under warranty because someone used and aftermarket prop, probably not.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

9. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    That depends on the ASC and MinnKota. This section: This limited warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, blemishes that do not affect the operation of the product, or damage caused by accidents, abuse, alteration, modification, shipping damages, acts of God, negligence of the user or misuse, improper or insufficient care or maintenance. DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE USE OF OTHER REPLACEMENT PARTS NOT MEETING THE DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ORIGINAL PARTS WILL NOT BE COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
    This, in most cases, is a subjected call by the ASC. In other words, would I replace a control board under warranty if someone drilled a hole in the skeg for a ground wire -- certainly. Would I replace a control board under warranty because someone used and aftermarket prop, probably not.
    John
    Makes sense. Although, I did not realize an aftermarket prop would place additional stress on a circuit board.

I could see an aftermarket prop wearing out an armature, seals, or steering cable prematurely!

I tried a kipawa several years back and I did not care for the additional torque it placed on the foot pedal to keep it straight. The MK props are incredibly good and in my opinion there's no reason to use anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12