Thread: Kidney Stones

Kidney Stones

I have now had kidney stones 11 times in my life. Three lithotripsy surgeries. This time I will be 68 in six days,they say old farts don't get them. That's BS . I have drank so much water I slosh when I walk. I would not wish these things on anyone !! Slept sitting up last night. When you take a oxycodone and it doesn't help you know you got some serious stones.

2. Banned
    I had one and never want another one!

3. Moderator
    3 so far this summer prolly around 12 over the years. Drink water drink water. And more water.

Always get tickled at folks who say their back hurts...I think I might have a kidney stone....there ain't no thinking you might have a kidney stone...if you got one, it'll let you know real quick ....

Hope you get some relief...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I had one and never want another one!
    Same here, not fun at all. Hope you get some relief.

My dad had them as I was growing up. He knew what it was and needed to get to the ER for a "Hypo" as he called the shot they gave.
    I've luckily been able to avoid the little bastards.

7. Member
    Yep when u have one---there will be no question what it is !!!!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

8. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    I get one about every two years sine I was about 30.. due for another one any day..
    tney suck, don’t wish them on anyone ,

9. Member
    Have had them before, morphine barely took the edge off to allow me to sleep.

My Grandfather had one and from what he went through passing it, I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Last one I had I walked into the ER and told the lady I had a kidney stone. She got real flippant and ask me how I knew I had a kidney stone. My reply to her was Ma'am, evidently you've never had one have you. Mine was 9 mm that day.

12. Member
    My buddy is prone to them. He swears by light beer. Has a few a day and hasn't had one since.

13. Member
    Only had one and NEVER want another.
    Praying for a Cure

Never had one, but worked in an Emergency Room in college. We had a lot of kidney stone patients while I was there and several repeats. I know it ain't fun, God bless you!

15. Member
    Hope you get relief soon! I’ve seen the pain of a stone take a full grown man to his knees in pain more than once. It must be an awful feeling.

16. Member
    I get them about every 3 months and the doctor doesn't have a clue why I get them so often. I have tried changing my diet nothing worked. I know when I have them I start pissing blood, the biggest one I ever had was 18mm and they had to bust it up. The first 1 I ever had hurt the worst they had to go in the head of my pecker and get it. I don't even go too the doctor any more so I just take a couple of pain pills and walk the floor. I swear its like pissing a porcupine.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    My buddy is prone to them. He swears by light beer. Has a few a day and hasn't had one since.
    Hmmmmm, light beer or kidney stone. Give me a minute....

18. Member
    Why do you get so many?
    For me it was my love of iced tea. I've had 2 in the last 12yrs. But a few before that and 1 lithotripsy.
    If you drink a lot of soda, too much coffee and don't hydrate properly, you will likely get them.
    I've passed tic tac sized stones at home. They hurt the worst when they are moving out of your kidney. Coming out.....easy peasy.
    Question everything!

I had 1 that they had to go up and get. I had a few more and I thought when they went and got the 1 they would get them all. (NO) they didn't. I asked the doctor about it and his answer to me was, it was bad for business if they had got them all.

20. Member
    I had an experience with kidney stones about four years ago. Three times in about a year. I did a lot of research on it. I drink pop by the gallon. What I gave up was chocolate. I had been eating quite a few Mr Goodbars back then for snacks. They are good. I quit eating chocolate and haven't had one in over four years now. Still drink pop by the gallon. I sympathize with anyone experiencing kidney stones. A woman once told me that it was about the same pain as childbirth