Question Finding bream on sonar...

I've been searching and reading since I joined this site. There are 10 threads in this sub-forum with the word "crappie" in the title, and none with the word "bream". Is a sonar useful for finding bream?

I know what bream beds look like (plenty of pics of those around), but I don't have SS, and this time of year (fall) is different from the spawn. I was hoping someone had some screen shots from hunting bream - not side scan pics of beds - but bream hanging out and not bedding, or otherwise stacked up. I have a Hook2 with only 2D and DI on my kayak, works pretty great. I can't tweak it as much as you can a carbon, but it does the basics well. No sidescan.

I've been pretty successful finding bass in this particular lake, but need some bream for the pan. I went last week and caught some shellcrackers on red worms, a couple of them were real nice, so the fish are there, but I only found a couple here and there, no real consistent spots. I'm looking to catch more, and was wondering if I could make use of the sonar as a tool to help in that task.

I definitely see logs, trees, weeds, and bait balls. Just never fished for bream much this time of year, and never with a sonar. I want to learn how to locate bream when they aren't bedding. Not even sure a sonar will be as useful for finding bream as it is on crappie.

Sonar is definitely useful on crappie! No question! What about for finding bream? TIA

2. Member
    During warm weather, you can find them on Table Rock related to the thermocline, and usually closer to points than suspended. A nightcrawler on a dropshot makes quick work of them when located.