Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    Immediat gratification ? They’ve been rebuilding for 20 years. Last night was the worst game I’ve seen them play. How much longer do fans need to be patient ? Maybe they’ll win a sec game next year
    How many coaches have they been through during that time and did any of them have a tenure greater than four years?

2. Member
    They suck and I have been attending games at Neyland stadium since the early 70s. With that said, I would like to see how well Ohio State would fair with the Vols four game nut grinder.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    With that said, I would like to see how well Ohio State would fair with the Vols four game nut grinder.
    I think 3-1 maybe 4-0 depending on where they're playing. Being talented, deep, and well coached makes a big difference.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    I think 3-1 maybe 4-0 depending on where they're playing. Being talented, deep, and well coached makes a big difference.

5. Member
    You think wrong!

6. Banned
    You think wrong!
    and how would you know I'm wrong. You were wondering and I gave you my unbiased opinion.

I see you have opened the coffee bar

8. Member
    and how would you know I'm wrong. You were wondering and I gave you my unbiased opinion.
    Well, if the games were actually played, I'd say more like 1-3, or 2-2 at best. Georgia (2), Auburn (10), Alabama (1), and South Carolina all in a row after playing Florida. Ohio State has never played that tough a stretch.

9. Banned
    Well, if the games were actually played, I'd say more like 1-3, or 2-2 at best. Georgia (2), Auburn (10), Alabama (1), and South Carolina all in a row after playing Florida. Ohio State has never played that tough a stretch.
    The way I see it Georgia is way overrated, Auburn is solid, bama could be a real problem. I had Florida included in the four game stretch instead of SC.

10. Member
    The way I see it Georgia is way overrated, Auburn is solid, bama could be a real problem. I had Florida included in the four game stretch instead of SC.
    I would give them either Florida or South Carolina, better tighten up your chin strap for the rest.

11. Banned
    I will say I don't think we can beat bama right now without Bosa. With a healthy Bosa it's anyone's ballgame.

12. Member
    The Vols will be great again

2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, 250 PRO XS
    Shawn Willoughby

Wait till next year!! after all these years of bad football , laughing is all I got now!!
    JAM'D Outdoors-sponsored by PAPPAWDAD and MIMI!!

I have seen many Florida/Tennessee games and that was a train wreck for the Vols, I was also waiting for the Gators to implode and lose. I am a life-long Gator fan and have been in the hurt locker since Tebow left. It is all about recruiting and right now both teams are considered "second or third" tier by Highschool players, no one wants to go to either school. They both have to struggle just to get 3 star kids, really sad...… Go Gators

Spanky

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    I have seen many Florida/Tennessee games and that was a train wreck for the Vols, I was also waiting for the Gators to implode and lose. I am a life-long Gator fan and have been in the hurt locker since Tebow left. It is all about recruiting and right now both teams are considered "second or third" tier by Highschool players, no one wants to go to either school. They both have to struggle just to get 3 star kids, really sad...… Go Gators

Spanky
    UF had the 16th ranked class in '18 - not UF standards, but not too shabby. I believe UF will get better each game, because they do have some talent. TN, not so sure.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Urbs was a shady guy but the Gators were consistently in the top 5 in recruiting

Spanky

17. Member
    I'm pretty sure that what Pruitt inherited was a culture problem not a talent problem.... If you can't get the current kids to buy in that's a 3-4 year fix. Butch Jones had talent even last year when they tanked bad... The stories that come out about guys not trusting coaches, the entire aj Johnson mess, Hurd tidbits.... They had the kind of issues that if it was a pro team you'd empty 90% of the lockers when you took over. More complicated with college. Reality is that they haven't lost a game yet someone should have thought they could/would win. When they look this bad against UK, Vandy, and SC we can hit the panick button.

18. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrank View Post
    I'm pretty sure that what Pruitt inherited was a culture problem not a talent problem.... If you can't get the current kids to buy in that's a 3-4 year fix. Butch Jones had talent even last year when they tanked bad... The stories that come out about guys not trusting coaches, the entire aj Johnson mess, Hurd tidbits.... They had the kind of issues that if it was a pro team you'd empty 90% of the lockers when you took over. More complicated with college. Reality is that they haven't lost a game yet someone should have thought they could/would win. When they look this bad against UK, Vandy, and SC we can hit the panick button.
    As an UK fan I don't normally get to say this. And we may still fall apart like a cheap chair in an obesity clinic but getting beat by Kentucky this year may not be reason to hit the panic button this year. Cats have looked good so far.

19. Member
    Yeah they need a wins against Missouri, Vanderbilt, and South Carolina now... UK would be great but I'm not going to count on that. It would be nice to see one win that they shouldn't really get but I don't see that happening unless they look better and someone has a bad game... I doubt that's saban which leaves Kentucky, Georgia, and Auburn.. none look real promising for a Tennessee victory. I'm figuring they manage at least an sec win or two and end up with between 4 and 6 wins. There's a lot going wrong here... But it didn't just start... They couldn't beat a single sec team last year.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post

Spanky
    Tennessee needs to put Peyton Manning on the recruiting trail. Is that legal?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast