Thread: Ultrex issue

Ultrex issue

1st trip out with Ultrex, 24 volt and 80lbs. 1st issue was spot lock was on and kicked off by without moving any thing. Just quit, happened couple times.
    the big issue is the dang thing quit. Blue light stayed on indicating power from battery. But could not move foot pedal and could not get the power button engaged. Blue light on but nothing worked. Brand new. 1st time using it.

its Saturday evening and will take back to dealer on Monday.

But i'm asking if this has happened to anyone here?

Do you have the foot pedal in a recessed tray that is too small?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    It sits in the tray but it's tight. Not fastened to tray. Picked it up from tray and put it on floor. Nothing worked. Put it back in tray. Does not fit tray well. Will a tight fit on tray affect this troller?

Thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by Whopperstopper View Post
    It sits in the tray but it's tight. Not fastened to tray. Picked it up from tray and put it on floor. Nothing worked. Put it back in tray. Does not fit tray well. Will a tight fit on tray affect this troller?

Thanks for reply
    Yes if any part of the upper moveable pedal rubs the tray. Should work OK flat on the deck though.

Its been discussed several times on the Electric/Wiring/Trolling Motors forum.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Had one cable jumped pulley foot pedel would not work. Remote still worked the pedal did not move.

6. Member
    Sometimes I out punt my coverage. Thought the batteries were good. But had them checked at Advance and one was on life support and the other was circling the drain.
    Shoulda checked the batteries before posting, but the guy I purchased the boat from said they were good. He's my fishing pal---LOL

Gonna try to get on lake after work but I think I'm good. Appreciate the replies. This boat, 1998 Skeeter ZX200C, has been a project since I purchased it couple weeks ago and I've got other questions to post.
    Last edited by Whopperstopper; 09-24-2018 at 01:02 PM.