Thread: MLF ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Mark Davis already said that some events will be total weight and others will be 5 fish limit events.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 920screaming250 View Post
    whoever lands KVD will win,,im sure he will stay in B.A.S.S.
    Its telling they haven't interviewed him on BASS Live yet, he gone...

3. Member
    Seems like they are going the route of the PGA with a wrap around season. I think that's the only way to do that many events not scheduled on top of others. Davis said there wont be any conflicts. It will be 2 weeks for a BPT event and atleast a week for a cup. I hope they do some winter events. At the right places they might not catch a lot but they will be big

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend LE-195 View Post
    Its telling they haven't interviewed him on BASS Live yet, he gone...
    Yeah hes one of the original investors I think. Plus hes done well enough that if it folded after 5 or so years he could just retire. Or heck just go back and re-qualify for bass or FLW if he wanted.

I also suspect you see Swindle go as well. Hes hinted at retiring in the past so it would be a very risk free decision to go if he did indeed want to retire in the nearish future.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Seems like they are going the route of the PGA with a wrap around season. I think that's the only way to do that many events not scheduled on top of others. Davis said there wont be any conflicts. It will be 2 weeks for a BPT event and atleast a week for a cup. I hope they do some winter events. At the right places they might not catch a lot but they will be big
    It will take two weeks to complete a BPT?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Yeah hes one of the original investors I think. Plus hes done well enough that if it folded after 5 or so years he could just retire. Or heck just go back and re-qualify for bass or FLW if he wanted.

I also suspect you see Swindle go as well. Hes hinted at retiring in the past so it would be a very risk free decision to go if he did indeed want to retire in the nearish future.
    I think you are right. All the guys who are about ready to hang it up anyhow have nothing to lose. And guys like Jocumsen have nothing to lose because they aren't doing sh!t anyhow. It is the young guns (MDJ) and the guys invited in 3 years who are gambling that this will take off. Because if it doesn't they will be starting all over just like they were 18 years old again.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    It will take two weeks to complete a BPT?
    No. It’s 2 practice days and 6 total fishing days.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    No. It’s 2 practice days and 6 total fishing days.
    I thought, good Lord.

9. Member
    Looking forward to seeing how someone qualifies for that my self. Will they have a minor league or just continue to poach?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how someone qualifies for that my self. Will they have a minor league or just continue to poach?
    I believe the BPT is what will be used to qualify people for the MLF cup events. Or thats at least how I read into it so far.

11. Member
    I believe the BPT is what will be used to qualify people for the MLF cup events. Or thats at least how I read into it so far.
    Yes but they will cut the bottom 10 anglers out of the BPT after three years. They are supposedly going to come up with a feeder system.

12. Member
    Yes but they will cut the bottom 10 anglers out of the BPT after three years. They are supposedly going to come up with a feeder system.
    Well and that is where im confused. I thought it was the BPT they would pull from. After the first 3 years take the top 10 from the BPT and continue to do that each year after.

But man there have been so many different articles etc its confusing.

Well and that is where im confused. I thought it was the BPT they would pull from. After the first 3 years take the top 10 from the BPT and continue to do that each year after.

But man there have been so many different articles etc its confusing.
    They themselves need to put out a detailed press release covering all aspects of the BPT. The info out there is convoluted.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    They themselves need to put out a detailed press release covering all aspects of the BPT. The info out there is convoluted.
    There has been detailed press releases as far as this is concerned. The BPT will feed the MLF Cups.

Next year they will have 8 BPT events and four MLF cup events. After the first two BPT events they will take the top 30 anglers and fish the first MLF cup. After the third and fourth event they will the take the top 30 anglers and fish the 2nd MFL cup and so on.

The MLF world championship will have anglers qualify through the MLF cup just like they have done the last two years.

After 3 seasons they will cut the bottom 10 in the BPT standings and bring in 10 more. We don’t know where those new 10 anglers will come from but Mark Davis mentioned some sort of feeder system coming.

There has been detailed press releases as far as this is concerned. The BPT will feed the MLF Cups.

Next year they will have 8 BPT events and four MLF cup events. After the first two BPT events they will take the top 30 anglers and fish the first MLF cup. After the third and fourth event they will the take the top 30 anglers and fish the 2nd MFL cup and so on.

The MLF world championship will have anglers qualify through the MLF cup just like they have done the last two years.

After 3 seasons they will cut the bottom 10 in the BPT standings and bring in 10 more. We don’t know where those new 10 anglers will come from but Mark Davis mentioned some sort of feeder system coming.
    We will agree to disagree.

16. Member
    If I were KVD, I would demand $500k annually up front from any trail that wanted me. He built his brand, and his involvement will make or break a trail. I'd wager right now that BASS would write him the check today just to save face.

17. Member
    We will agree to disagree.
    Would you like to me to pull exact quotes?

Would you like to me to pull exact quotes?

Pull what you want. I am saying MLF needs to release their PBT details in its entirety to avoid some of the confusion. That includes the roster etc. Lets get on with it all.

19. Member
    Pull what you want. I am saying MLF needs to release their PBT details in its entirety to avoid some of the confusion. That includes the roster etc. Lets get on with it all.
    I’m not disagreeing there are some details that are left to be known but the answer to Axhikers question has already been released.

20. Member
    They probably wont address the roster until the classic is over. Just my guess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast