Thread: MLF ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    I would imagine after this weekend with the AOY championship complete and they get there checks. A lot of Elite guys will be able to speak about there future.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Would be interested to see these surveys stating that half of viewers are already tired of the MLF format.
    A number of guys here have often voiced their displeasure with the number of small fish caught. However, I would not say that half of MLF viewers feel the same way. Remember, die hard bass fishermen do not comprise the entire audience of MLF. Many casual fishermen and even non-fishermen watch MLF. I'd bet that they are plenty excited to see the large number of bass caught, regardless of size. If die hard bass fishermen were the only target audience of MLF, they would have a very difficult time recruiting non-endemic sponsors tot heir show. So far, I would bet that the vast majority of their sponsor dollars come from companies that do not market their products primarily to bass fishermen.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    A number of guys here have often voiced their displeasure with the number of small fish caught. However, I would not say that half of MLF viewers feel the same way. Remember, die hard bass fishermen do not comprise the entire audience of MLF. Many casual fishermen and even non-fishermen watch MLF. I'd bet that they are plenty excited to see the large number of bass caught, regardless of size. If die hard bass fishermen were the only target audience of MLF, they would have a very difficult time recruiting non-endemic sponsors tot heir show. So far, I would bet that the vast majority of their sponsor dollars come from companies that do not market their products primarily to bass fishermen.
    Their current sponsors are whom: squencher, jack links, Nitro, BassCat, general tire and what else???

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You forgot Lucas Oil.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Shell Rotella, Dodge Ram, GEICO, Ferguson, SONIC
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    You forgot Lucas Oil.....
    Couldn’t remember them.

Jeff listed the other ones and all of them seem to be tied to the outdoors, none of them are sponsors that target the non-outdoors man. Get some Pantene (or however it’s spelled), Target, Merle Norman, etc and I’ll believe that someone other than sportsman watch the show.

I don’t recall ever seeing Sonic, but that’s prob because I don’t pay enough attention. They do seem to be the oddball in the group.

7. Banned
    Sig Sauer

8. Member
    B and W trailer hitches?

who cares it is what it is... Life is a bitch and then you drink the water.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Couldn’t remember them.

Jeff listed the other ones and all of them seem to be tied to the outdoors, none of them are sponsors that target the non-outdoors man. Get some Pantene (or however it’s spelled), Target, Merle Norman, etc and I’ll believe that someone other than sportsman watch the show.

I don’t recall ever seeing Sonic, but that’s prob because I don’t pay enough attention. They do seem to be the oddball in the group.
    Fishermen aren't the only folks, or even the primary folks, who need oil in their vehicles, insurance for their vehicles, need plumbing supplies, and eat fast food.

http://app.majorleaguefishing.com/sponsors_list.aspx

11. Banned
    Fishermen aren't the only folks, or even the primary folks, who need oil in their vehicles, insurance for their vehicles, need plumbing supplies, and eat fast food.

oh come on now, how many city slickers that don’t have ties to the outdoors in some form change their own oil? Those items with the exception of sonic are outdoors related items and their target audience is outdoorsmen. Geico has boat commercials, Ferguson is odd but all the plumbers I know do fish.

Seems odd that some of the listed above isn’t (Lucas, B&W, Sig), shown on that page, are they no longer sponsors?

12. Banned
    I also remember when Walmart was a major sponsor of flw and had guys being sponsored by companies like Kellogg’s, snickers, etc. those didn’t last but 2 years and they were cutting ties. It’s a fickle market and most people outside of ourselves find bass fishing boring.

Just me, I guess. But, I know a lot of guys who change their own oil, do plumbing work, insure their vehicles with GEICO and wouldn't know which end of a fishing rod to pick up.

14. Banned
    Just me, I guess. But, I know a lot of guys who change their own oil, do plumbing work, insure their vehicles with GEICO and wouldn't know which end of a fishing rod to pick up.

And this should make my point. Do these guys, the ones you just mentioned, watch MLF on a regular basis?

Some shows are fascinating to watch because of the oddity factor, such as River Monsters. Odd fish that get a great story line behind each fish about how it supposedly ate a kid/person. Regular people aren’t going to watch boring fishing.

I don’t think it will be as much of a dink fest as you think. They are going to have practice days so it will be different.

16. Member
    whoever lands KVD will win,,im sure he will stay in B.A.S.S.
    TrackerUser

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 920screaming250 View Post
    whoever lands KVD will win,,im sure he will stay in B.A.S.S.
    Think he is in the MLF ownership group.

18. Member

That's not all of them. I think that's just the primary ones. Lots more on those jerseys and yeti is one too

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    Care to make a friendly wager on that? 50 years ago Everyone thought that bass fishing competition was the stupidest idea ever and you see where we're at now?
    Actually we do see where it is at, exactly where it was 50 years ago.

P01135809

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    That's not all of them. I think that's just the primary ones. Lots more on those jerseys and yeti is one too
    Yeah there are others. Strike King, GoPro, Yeti, Quantum, WileyX, Lowrance.... I think there are even more

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast