Livewell Comparison

Is the livewell a caracal the same size as an eyra? And is a eyra the same size as a cougar/puma? Just curious, thanks.
    2007 Basscat Pantera Classic
    200 Mercury Optimax(1B446385)

Those are all very close. The Caracal, Lynx and Jaguar are a little different.

3. Member
    Thankyou

I was in a eyra this weekend, and own a caracal. The livewells below the deck are nearly identical. The lids however are alot smaller on the eyra. I think that kind of gives it a optical illusion of being smaller. On a side note, Ive thought I had lost a fish on more than on occasion when making culls.... The caracal live well is so big you can literally loose a fish down in the bottom and have to go digging around to find them near the drain.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

5. Member
    Thanks Louie, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm torn between getting a caracal and eyra next season(I hope). The livewells are one comparison between boats I haven't seen yet, not alot or any of either up here to play with locally. I figure if I can keep 2 20lb bags of smallies alive one on each side of my classic wells, either of those two will be more than big enough.
    Last edited by badbuffalo; 09-25-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by badbuffalo View Post
    Thanks Louie, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm torn between getting a caracal and eyra next season(I hope). The livewells are one comparison between boats I haven't seen yet, not alot or any of either up here to play with locally. I figure if I can keep 2 20lb bags of smallies alive one on each side of my classic wells, either of those two will be more than big enough.

I don't think youll have any issues with that. I looked at a lot of other brands, and noticed that bass cat has one of the largest livewells I've seen. My buddy had a mid 2000's procraft and they had a pretty big fish tank also, about the only thing I've seen even come close. Wish I could get back up to dabble in the small mouth waters, I grew up in Clayton NY on the river.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

7. Member
    I would assume that Puma and Cougar livewells are identical as their hulls are identical. But maybe that doesn't mean livewells are identical. But regardless Badbuffalo, the livewells are excellent on any of the premium model Cats. I'd say you shouldn't let this particular feature be a deciding reason of which boat you choose.
    Last edited by BassCatKev; 09-28-2018 at 12:20 PM.