Putting hds9 Carbon on my pro 175 have transducer question

Hey guys this might be on here some where but don’t see it. Does any one have suggestions on the best place on a tracker txw pro 175 to mount the total scan transducer? I’m picking up a mounting board this morning and going to mount it under the step but was trying to figure out the best spot to mount the plate. Pics and advise would be great. Also any advise on this unit as this is my first Lowrance unit switching from birds.

thanks again in advance.

Not under the step. I mounted mine on the transom. On the outside of the outside straight. You want get readings at WOT. But you will around 20 mph. But it is safe, and want get knocked off. Then get a skimmer style transducer install on the step. And connect it to (port 1, blue port) on the uint. This will give you great reading at WOT. The totalscan transducer goes in the black port ( port 2). Go the installation, sonar, then click on source. Under port 1 you’ll pick the transducer on the list you have. Under port 2 the uint will automatically read and pick the totalscan transducer. The key is to set port 1 on high chirp. And port 2 on 800khs. And set the uint on shallow water. Now every panel you put together with 2D, structure, and mapping. The uint will spit each window to the 2D transducer for 2d. And the total scan for everything else.

And dont forget to click click on map updates every time you power it up. It does it less than a second. And you’ll get all the updated maps that we all record and upload.

I run mapping and 2d on a spilt panel for wot. At the top of each window you will see 2D for the 2D side. And This Uint for the mapping. Ho take full advantage of the map color shadings. It’s really cool especially if you have a gps type Tm.

Lol. Can you tell I love these Carbon units

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Lots of great information right there. Thanks for the informative post

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.