Minn Kota maxxum 101

My directional was not turning and when I took off the cover I noticed the center directional gear popped off. I also noticed that the plastic mounting piece that it sits on was also cracked off. I temporarily glued on the mounting piece and put a dowel through it to keep it in place. For the proper repair, do I need to replace the whole lower cover?

2. Member
    If the base that the center gear goes on is broken,then yes,you need the lower half of the head. I never thought about the dowel trick but that might work,there’s very little stress on those gears.

3. Member
    Title reminds me of a western outlaw name. Don't you just love that auto correct feature. I replaced the bottom cover to correct the same issue, cover is relativity cheap, around $15 if I recall.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mak747 View Post
    Title reminds me of a western outlaw name. Don't you just love that auto correct feature. I replaced the bottom cover to correct the same issue, cover is relativity cheap, around $15 if I recall.
    Autocorrect always gets me when I'm in a rush, LOL. Yeah looks like I'm going to have to replace the lower cover.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    My directional was not turning and when I took off the cover I noticed the center directional gear popped off. I also noticed that the plastic mounting piece that it sits on was also cracked off. I temporarily glued on the mounting piece and put a dowel through it to keep it in place. For the proper repair, do I need to replace the whole lower cover?
    Yes, they are not expensive. We would need to know if it's a red or yellow indicator.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    It's a red indicator. I need a bulb as well.

7. Member
    We keep those parts in stock. Just call me or Karen and we can get them coming to you
    John
    870 773 3474
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]