Ultrex iLink Question

My Ultrex box is in the garage and I am studying on the install. With all the posts here regarding this motor, I guess this info is somewhere BUT I did not find it. My questions are in regards to what I am reading in the manual.

In the manual drawing on page 23 there is a long wire black cable coming out of the head of the motor coiled up. My motor has a long coiled cable coming out of the head also with a connector on the end. There is an arrow pointing to this that says it is the i-Link cable. The same photo in the install manual online from MK had a little short stubby cable also coming out that says universal sonar. I thought I bought a motor without i-link because I have Lowrance up there. Is this a mistake in the online manual? If it is for I-link to Hummingbird and I have Lowrance, I read on BBC here that I could take the top off and take the cable out and store it in case I needed it one day. Is this no big deal to do? I don't want to screw something up, but if I am not using it because I have Lowrance with down imaging I would like to get it away from there.

I watched a video on YouTube about the install. I am trying to get prepared. When the guy opened the mount for the first time before the motor was on the mount, he reached up under the front end and flipped a little metal spring Gizmo to open the mount. I see the Gizmo and what does it do and what is it for? Thanks.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Member
    If you have a short cable coming out the head then that is the universal sonar. If you also have a long cable coming out of the head then that is a link cable. You are correct that it is not what you ordered. Just get the long cable disconnected in the head and store the extension cable where it is handy if you decide to upgrade your electronics.