Covered or Uncovered

Do you keep your grills/smokers covered or uncovered? My friend believes that covers retain moisture and promote/accelerate rusting. I currently cover my grill, but I have found a cover with a mesh backing that I believe to help ventilate the grill when covered. I live in New York, so weather extremes are common. Snow does not sit on the grill for long since I use it all year long. Snow is removed from my deck even before my driveway. Thank you!

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    It's about 50/50, depends on if I was lazy that day

3. Banned
    No worries here....Eggs kept in the garage and RecTec under cover on back deck. The neighbor keeps his gas weber covered and in the weather all the time. He never un covers it

You have to quit using them to put a cover on them. All mine are under a roof. I know some guys that buy those water absorbing pellets and put them in a bag inside the grill if they aren't going to use it for a while
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

5. Member
    I put a cover on mine after every cook. It show no signs of rust and I use it a couple a times a week going on 6 years. I have a couple of Char Broil large burners for deep frying, boiling, steaming, etc. that I cover after each use. Going on 15 years for the 2 of them.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710