Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Very nice setup. Quick question, would the side scan not read opposite now since it’s turned the other way? I would think to keep right and left aligned, the transducer would actually need to be turned the opposite way. I’m asking because I’ve got to get my triple shot transducer somehow mounted on there this week. I didn’t see where this question had been asked. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I just keep it angled to the right at about 40? Degrees, just the side I usually run up the bank to fish
    Dave Swimm - Ranger Z21, Yamaha Vmax 250 HPDI
    ‘17 Shearwater X22 Hybrid, Vmax 250 SHO
    I can't leave anything stock, I can't leave well enough alone.
    I need to customize everything. I think I can improve others
    designs, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by countrytider View Post
    Very nice setup. Quick question, would the side scan not read opposite now since it’s turned the other way? I would think to keep right and left aligned, the transducer would actually need to be turned the opposite way. I’m asking because I’ve got to get my triple shot transducer somehow mounted on there this week. I didn’t see where this question had been asked. Thanks in advance.
    There is a setting on the Hook2 that lets you swap left for right. That setting solves the problem and lets you run the transducer backward, and still display the correct orientation on the screen.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post
    There is a setting on the Hook2 that lets you swap left for right. That setting solves the problem and lets you run the transducer backward, and still display the correct orientation on the screen.
    I did not know this. Where do I actually go to find this? Thank you very much. This will help a great deal.

Pretty cool. I run the same trolling motor but I have mine mounted on the motor. Used it all last year and it worked great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by countrytider View Post
    I did not know this. Where do I actually go to find this? Thank you very much. This will help a great deal.
    To flip the screen left for right, such as when running the transducer backward as I do in the pictured installation, go to more options under the menu for the structure scan screen on the Triple Shot. I've included a link to a quick video which shows how to do it.

1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

7. Member
    I like Bassnailer's solution but, hoping something has come to market that offers an easier fix. Has anyone found something or do I head to Home Depot.

8. Member
    Does the motor not interfere with the down scan when turning the boat?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Pretty cool. I run the same trolling motor but I have mine mounted on the motor. Used it all last year and it worked great.
    @Grizzly Can you share where you found the mount you’re using?

10. Member
    Awesome setup. Finally found a way to do mine
    But I have question. The bottom bracket that holds the back side of transducer bracket. What is that? Thanks for any info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12