Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTRAK View Post
    Did you do a complete lync & sync procedure after reinstalling the carbs? If it hasn't been done already, it's not a bad idea to completely remove (trash it) the idle stabilizer box and set maximum spark advance timing to between 20*-22* BTDC.
    If this power head had an idle stabilizer it was removed before I bought the boat. And yes I did the lync and sync.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    If this power head had an idle stabilizer it was removed before I bought the boat. And yes I did the lync and sync.
    Cool! Sounds like you're getting there. I run a similar motor, '84 Mariner 150. The last thing I can think of is putting a rebuild kit in the fuel pump. It's easy and relatively inexpensive. Over time the pump diaphragm will stretch or develop cracks or pin holes which can hurt performance.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTRAK View Post
    Cool! Sounds like you're getting there. I run a similar motor, '84 Mariner 150. The last thing I can think of is putting a rebuild kit in the fuel pump. It's easy and relatively inexpensive. Over time the pump diaphragm will stretch or develop cracks or pin holes which can hurt performance.
    Yeah I rebuilt the fuel pump earlier this year and replaced the water separator at the same time. Now I just need to replace the plugs, with all the cylinder decarbing I've done. Put a paint line on the prop and hub it didn't appear to be shifted after running it today, also did the exhaust divider plate gaskets and seal it's actually quieter at idle in the water now. It's nice to not have to 'mash" the hot foot just to make it through a no wake zone now.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12