Thread: Point blank

Point blank

Anyone use these blanks?how do they feel?what blank would you recommend for all around jig rod mostly 1/2oz

I have not built one but have played with em and they feel good. The local Fuji distributor tried to get up a rob building club started and I was all for it but there wasn't enough interest to keep it going. He was promoting em at every meeting and I know several folks that loved the way they felt.

i built a 6'8" med xf into a casting rod for light pitching and I really like the feel of it. My buddy who is die hard dobyns and wont even let me try to build him anything held it and said it is the closest to his Dobyns that he had held.

I enjoy fishing with it can feel the bottom real well.

4. Member
    I've built the 6'9" MLXF and the 7' MF. The MLXF has become probably my favorite DS rod. The MF is a pretty good all purpose casting blank...I've thrown everything from light Trigs to squarebills to small paddletails. Right now I've got a blade bait on it for an upcoming trip.

Though I haven't built one if I was going to build a jig rod it'd be the PB731MHF. I'll probably have to order one up to try now...

5. Member
    I have the pb731mhxf and pb731mxf on hand unbuilt. They both feel fantastic. The mxf will likely be doing lots of finesse jig duty and probably some lighter keitech work too. The other one will be more all around. I just need to get them built to see what they really specialize in. I will say that if I was building a dedicated heavy line, heavy cover, Texas rig/jig rod I think the heavy power rod would be the way to go. That’s just based on the feel of the mh so take that for what it’s worth.

6. Member
    I just finished building mine a month or two ago. 701MHF if my memory serves me. Outstanding blank, on par with other high end offerings IMO

7. Member
    I'm working on my 4th. Won't use anything else moving forward. Well, I might need to try an X-ray. PB blanks seem to load more smoothly than any others I've used. Excellent reserve power, and a very unique way they resonate, leading to incredible sensitivity. I feel the tapers are perfect with somewhat soft tip sections, but plenty of meat throughout. They offer a better overall feel imo. Great blanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    I'm working on my 4th. Won't use anything else moving forward. Well, I might need to try an X-ray. PB blanks seem to load more smoothly than any others I've used. Excellent reserve power, and a very unique way they resonate, leading to incredible sensitivity. I feel the tapers are perfect with somewhat soft tip sections, but plenty of meat throughout. They offer a better overall feel imo. Great blanks
    That is a great way to describe them.

winter is coming quick. Thinking about getting one and building a walleye jigging rod to go with the Eternity I'm building now. Compare the two and see how they do vertical jigging sauger and waldos.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    winter is coming quick. Thinking about getting one and building a walleye jigging rod to go with the Eternity I'm building now. Compare the two and see how they do vertical jigging sauger and waldos.
    Now that's a comparison I'd like to see.