Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Thumbs Up My perfect topwater/squarebill set up from the For Sale Forum

This is more of a testimony to the character of the people on this board. I haven’t been here long but I’ve bought 2 Daiwa Tatula Type R baitcasters and a 13 Fishing Concept A. All were in great shape, practically brand new.

The 13 Fishing Concept A is very small and lightweight, earlier this week a member had a 13 Fishing Fate Chrome, 7’ medium, moderate and I got it for a great price and it arrived today.

Coupled with the Concept A it’s SO light I could throw this all day with zero fatigue and the action is perfect for pretty much anything with a treble hook. I’m up to 9 quality outfits now and have everything I do covered! I’ve learned a lot about rod weight and tip action searching for specific rods for specific presentations.

I can’t wait to run to one of my golf course ponds tonight and throw a squarebill and catch a few on my new set up. It’s perfect and I have $130 in this rod/reel...perfect!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    Congrats and enjoy!

I like all of my 13 reels but I prefer another brand rod. You got a good deal and enjoy.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I only got this rod because I got it for $50 in the for sale forum, it was the right weight and action and my OCD really hates mismatched stuff! I had this reel on an Abu Garcia Vendetta medium/moderate and it was a beautiful setup! I put a Carbonlite 2 reel on the Vendetta and while my ocd hates the white reel on a black rod I can’t go buy a Revo SX for just this rod....unless I find one in the for sale section of course!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV