Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Ranger came with Interstates. I had to replace 2 of the 4 within the first year. JUNK!!
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Same here with my 2009 Z520 except 3 out of my 4 were toast within a year....

And they died on me when I was miles away from the ramp in February right before dark on Dale Hollow Lake. A little scary when it's dark and below freezing out and you're stranded solo...

Interstates = GARBAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    New Ranger came with Interstates. I had to replace 2 of the 4 within the first year. JUNK!!
    Last edited by 22RangerZ520R; 09-21-2018 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Had to add Interstates = GARBAGE

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

3. Member
    Every one of my boats has run interstates with zero issues. Guess I'm one of the "now and thens"..... Go figure.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuistLTZ View Post
    Every one of my boats has run interstates with zero issues. Guess I'm one of the "now and thens"..... Go figure.
    Interstate AGM's?

5. Member
    We have had very good luck with the AGM Interstate, they aren’t perfect but none are at this point!!

I agree .. my Skeeter had them from the factory.. it was a year and a half old when in the spring they would charge in a half an hour and die in an hour.. Interstate said it was during to the fact of non use for a year? Then they said they were not winterized???? Nice try my boat house is HEATED! They ended up replacing them but the new ones & only lasted a year..My Z7 has Ever start EM series batteries in her bought them in 2014 and they're still going strong¡

7. Member
    I’ve got an issue with same battery that’s 6 months old in my buddies Triton. Battery is junk already. Headed to Walmart to pick up

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    I've been preaching this for years........

INTERSTATES ARE PURE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Get you a NorthStar(X2) AGM or a Deka AGM and you will have no more battery related issues. You can thank me later.....
    without a doubt they are. When I pickup my new boat in February I told the dealer no way are you putting interstates on it. I think dealers get quite a deal on them and that is why you see so many of them. Couldn’t pay me to use them
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

From everything that I can see, except for the color of the case, they are the exact same Johnson Controls battery as Walmart Everstart, or Sears Die Hard, or a dozen other private label batteries out there.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Not all battery failure is the fault of the manufacturer . Some people have no clue how to take care of their batteries .
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

11. Member
    I just replaced my 31 series Interstate “agm cranking” battery in my 14 520c..... I got 4.5 years out of it without a problem, long days and many hours of 2 graphs running and livewells running. This early spring I would get a low voltage alarm at start up after being on charge all night. Never had a problem after 1st start up of the day and never had to jump start after a day of fishing, so I can’t complain about the life of this battery. Replaced with a Cabelas X900.

12. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wstutts View Post
    Not all battery failure is the fault of the manufacturer . Some people have no clue how to take care of their batteries .
    Always surprised to see how many people do not immediately hook up to charge at the end of the day.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

My interstates just turned 7 years old and still going strong. Granted I don't fish but 3-4 times a month. And they are wet cell batteries not AGM. We see a ton of failures on AGM batteries at the dealership where I work on all brands.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Yamaha VMAX SHO 200

14. Member
    my interstates have always been great? in boat and vehicles??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12