Chart speed latency tips?

I find that when trolling and trying to watch my chart screen it can be quite difficult to stay on course/contour. Kind of like trying to watch your trailer in the side mirrors when driving. To me it seems that the chart delay is the factor. By the time it shows I am starting to go off course I'm there and then some.

I assume that there is no speed setting for the chart like there is for the sonar? Any suggestions?

FTC is great when it works. Also for now I have made some quick routes that seem to do pretty well.

2. Member
    What chart scale setting are you seeing this"latency". Is it because the chart is redrawing? Maybe zoom out one click and see if it helps your situation. Even though you feel you are seeing bigger lines if it causes you to make changes too late. I have always just recorded and fished as usual, besides the fish don't know where those contours are anyway. A little less accuracy is not a terrible thing.

3. Member
    I think this may be coming in an update: This is Helix G2n but will likely trickle up •Cursor performance improvements on chart views [GPS Capable Models Only] – The way that the cursor snaps to waypoints on chart views and pans across the screen has been improved. As a result of this, menu performance has also been improved.

When I troll I'm running along some very narrow contour breaks where the lines bunch up tight which means steep drops. I run my zoon at 50ft or 100 ft typically