Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgAuthority View Post
    Id go to a different gas station.

+1
    BB1

2. Member
    MY advice go to a differnt gas station. That CC gun is a last resort and if you shoot someone justified or not you will more than likely be sued by the family of the criminal and they will win and take you for everything you have. This happens all the time people think they have a gun and should be heros you should only use that gun to protect yourself and your family. So go to a different gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    A couple quick thoughts... (which will probably be unpopular with some here).

1. If you don't know the answer to your original question you shouldn't be carrying a concealed weapon.
    2. It's your responsibility to stay up on the laws concerning carrying and using a weapon.
    3. Leaving your weapon in the truck most of the time is not a good idea. If you're going to have it with you out in public, it needs to be with you.
    We can close this thread now... All the answers are above.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rnorman35 View Post
    Not your job. Sounds like you looking for some excitement but don’t want to get in trouble for it.
    WHAT? I doubt that is the case. I have wondered the same. Help someone out of a serious jam or stay out of it. The laws are in favor of a robber nowadays it seems. If someone is robbing my bank at gun point I would have to determine the chances that the person is likely to harm someone before acting. Not much time to do this. So,it is a judgment call and you better judge wisely. I had rather never use my side arm. Ever! However,if I pull,I will keep pulling! I am retired but do some research and investigations for a local lawyer. I have seen this happen and it effected the person that had to do this for life! Oh,and the person who was shot dead by him also. Never a good deal!

5. Member
    Ummmmm....why would you yell at somebody who is committing a robbery lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Respectfully was none of this covering in your CHL class?

I would find out that info in regards to how it pertains to my state as opposed to relying on BBC wisdom.
    Yes some of this was talked about in my class 10 years ago but the CCW laws in Missouri change every August. This is more of Friday discussion at work because of the events that happened yesterday. I have quit carrying my firearm daily and leaving it my truck simply because the laws now are different than they was 10 years ago and I haven't taken the time to refresh myself with the new laws. The only law I know for fact that hasn't changed is the Castle law which gives me the same rights in my vehicle that I have in my home.

In this particular situation I believe the guy would turned ran pat me and out the door with out doing any further damage.
    Last edited by red devil; 09-21-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    There has been several robberies lately at a gas station I go to every morning. The robberies are usually early in the morning and about 15-30 min before I get there. I'm a CCW permit holder and generally have a gun with me. So If i walk in on a robbery in progress what can I legally do? Can I stop the robber with my weapon? Or if I stop him and he decides to charge me does it make it my fault for confronting him?
    I would find a new gas station. I carry to protect my family and myself everyone else is SOL. I am not going to risk everything for a total stranger and a few corporate dollars that does not give two craps if I was to intervene. It might be a crappy way to look at it, but with the social environment we are in now it just is not worth the risk.
    Last edited by Rodney P; 09-21-2018 at 08:07 AM.

8. Banned
    Wait till after the perp kills the clerk,then you have the governments permission to eliminate the threat,otherwise riots will ensue and you will become the bad guy and face a whole lot of uninvited troubles and expenses,that's just the way it is,and how the government thinks.

9. Banned
    Was it Bill Engvall that said "heres your sign."

Sounds like it's the gas stations responsibility to take action. If this is repeatedly happening at the same time, they should be contacting the police to have a patrol unit there. Not your responsibility to risk your life to save a gas station's money when they aren't doing anything themselves to protect it.

This isn't about a different gas station or what the CCW laws are. I guess I started the thread wrong. Sorry about that

My questions is If someone walks in on a robbery and is confronted by the robber. Who has the right to claim self defense if something happens? Did the person who walked in start the conflict and is now considered the attacker giving the robber the right to attack back in self defense? or is the robber in the wrong for holding a weapon and running at you either to get out the door( because the door is directly behind you) or to attack you?
    Last edited by red devil; 09-21-2018 at 08:51 AM.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Sounds like it's the gas stations responsibility to take action. If this is repeatedly happening at the same time, they should be contacting the police to have a patrol unit there. Not your responsibility to risk your life to save a gas station's money when they aren't doing anything themselves to protect it.
    Lol its law enforcements job, not the gas station. They know its getting robbed, they are gettung the calls.

13. Banned
    Would I go in there with my CCW if the robbery was in progress? No, that would set yourself up for a lawsuit that you may or may not win.

On the other hand, if I were in there and the robber came in and pointed a gun at me or the clerk, then my ccw would come out if I knew I could pull it without putting myself or others in more danger

14. Banned
    be the best witness you can be

Yep thats a no brainer.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Yep thats a no brainer.
    This sounds like the type of station where handicap parking disputes end up with someone dead.

One more thought.... I have known four men who have killed another man. Three of them in combat and the other an LEO. All four say the feeling of regret never leaves you. They all realized that it was in the line of duty but still never forget it. We all watch TV shows and movies where the ''bad guys'' are all gunned down and left for someone else to clean up with no sign of remorse or feeling. The taking of another human life is very serious business and not something the average mentally stable guy handles without some psychological trauma.
    Last edited by SoonerFan; 09-21-2018 at 09:23 AM.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Lol its law enforcements job, not the gas station. They know its getting robbed, they are gettung the calls.
    True, but if my business is continuously getting robbed, I would be on the phone to the local pd about setting up more patrols or setting up a temporary substation in my gas station. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

19. Member
    I'm not sure how to answer your direct question. But, if you find yourself in a situation where you used your firearm, make sure you place your firearm on the floor and put your hands in the air when the LEO's arrive. They're responding to an active shooting situation and if they barge in there and you have a gun in your hand, it may not end well for you.
    Last edited by Rick2018; 09-21-2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling

20. Banned
    Give them your wallet, keys, and gun. WTF.... Are you serious

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast