2007 Triton TR186...what should i be able to get for it?

Looking for some insight. I have a 2007 Triton TR 186 with a 2007 Mercury opti 175 , new fortrex , hds9 touch, lcx 38hd, and more. It is in very good condition. What should i be looking to get out of it? I appreciate any and all help or suggestions...thanks

2. Member
    Best advice I could give you would be to call your bank and speak to a loan representative. See if they can pull a value for which they would grant a loan on your boat based on their valuation, your hull ID, Engine Serial number, etc. To me, that would be the most realistic place to start. If a buyer is doing any sort of financing, pricing the boat outside of realistic expectations won't get it gone. I recently purchased my TR-196, but spent months looking at boats and what I found was that most of them were priced so far out of reality in terms of their actual worth, that I ended up just scrolling to the next one.

3. Member
    Go to NADA boats section. Pretty good idea of value. In my experience most banks and CUs will only loan 80% of actual value on a used boat
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

Just sold my 2005 TR-186LE with a Mercury 175 Optimax for $15k. Mint condition. Loved my boat looking for an upgrade.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 13tzx190 View Post
    Go to NADA boats section. Pretty good idea of value. In my experience most banks and CUs will only loan 80% of actual value on a used boat
    Something to keep in mind (at least with my credit union), is that they subscribe to the premium version of NADA, which provides a "High Retail" value, whereas the normal user version only shows "Average Retail" value as the highest value. Also, my Credit union will loan 100% on used boats, provided you have the credit score to back up the loan. I've financed 100% on two used boats now at very low interest. Low enough that I would have been stupid to not finance and spread the cost out over time, as opposed to paying cash up front.

6. Member
    13-15. So 14.5k

7. Member
    Great ideas and much appreciated...im getting ready to upgrade
    Thank you all for the input

Quote Originally Posted by FishinSkinny View Post
    13-15. So 14.5k
    This sounds about right. I decided to keep my 05 tr-196 and fix it up. New trailer, hull blisters carpet and I’m having the seats reupholstered as well. I put 10 ft blades on it and I’m upgrading to an Ultrex next spring. The trailer, blisters, seats and carpet should be right around 10k. I repowered in 2013. I figured with everything I’m doing I might even upgrade to a four stroke in a few years. I just love the layout of 196 and the 186.