Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Question Anyone fish Lake Panasofkee lately?

That’s the question! That lake always had really good bluegill populations so IF there are still weeds in the lake...which is the only cover on that lake, I figure with this high water it may be a spot to fish some panfish bedding areas.

I haven’t been there in....15 years so if I’m wasting my time let me know and I’ll go somewhere else this weekend. Thanks guys, Chris.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Did you go?? How was it??

Interested too...that's the next lake on the list for the club

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I called both Pana Vista and Tracy’s Point but they wouldn’t tell me how the fishing was...the normal “it’s a good bluegill lake” stuff but no bass reports so I wimped out and went to Lake Gibson in Lakeland. I caught One 3-3.5 pounder by 11am and my brother was fed up so we left.

I’ve never heard of that lake, just picked it off Google Maps and it looked like it could hold some big fish. I saw plenty of topwater action early, the pads were moving and shaking but I couldn’t get anything to hit to save my life.

Gonna have to try Panasofkee next week, I can’t do much worse than today! I just hope there are still weeds in the lake!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Banned
    Hit Pan today,we were the only boat on the lake,water is high,lots of pads and submerged weeds,didn't even see any signs of bass,no birds feeding though there were some baitfish active.Didn't fish the edges or the rivers,the lake does look good,maybe when the water level drops some and the weather changes it will improve.

Thanks Glad there are weeds again. Last year it had none!!

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Panasofkee with no weeds? I remember it being a huge mat of hydrilla with driving trails! God that’s sad....I grew up fishing that lake, caught some nice fish there on the north side where the hydrilla didn’t come all the way to the surface.

It really sucks that ive only been back Bass fishing with a boat since June 1st and almost all my old spots have been destroyed by the FWC sprayers!

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Panasofkee with no weeds? I remember it being a huge mat of hydrilla with driving trails! God that’s sad....I grew up fishing that lake, caught some nice fish there on the north side where the hydrilla didn’t come all the way to the surface.

It really sucks that ive only been back Bass fishing with a boat since June 1st and almost all my old spots have been destroyed by the FWC sprayers!
    How true!!

Any updates on Panasofkee? Will be heading there next weekend for the first time. I see the reports above that don't look inviting, lol. Hopefully this cooler weather will have a positive impact.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    Any updates on Panasofkee? Will be heading there next weekend for the first time. I see the reports above that don't look inviting, lol. Hopefully this cooler weather will have a positive impact.
    Putting in at Tracey's? Hit that first loooong dock (it'll be to Your right coming out) It is the longest one that You'll run up to.

6" Basstrix in the Hitch

Edit: Map pics

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-82.1332818

Disregard if there is a "Gag Rule" in place.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Putting in at Tracey's? ...

Disregard if there is a "Gag Rule" in place.
    No worries, no "Gag Rule" at all.

Yes sir, putting in at Tracey's.

Was looking on YouTube...this place was supposed to be the Bass Fishing Capital of Central Florida 8 years ago, and Roland Martin was filming fishing videos on it in 2013...then FWC got their hands on it? Word is fishing declined.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    No worries, no "Gag Rule" at all.

Yes sir, putting in at Tracey's.

Was looking on YouTube...this place was supposed to be the bass Fishing Capital of Central Florida 8 years ago, and Roland Martin was filming fishing videos on it in 2013...then FWC got their hands on it? Word is fishing declined.
    Boy about 8 to 10 years ago I would tear them up out there December thru March. I won club Bass tournaments 3 years in a row with 20+ pound limits. Back then Rattle Traps were the deal. I remember my partner and I having 50+ bass days. Big Bass too. Then the powers to be monkeyed with the lake levels and sprayed constantly. Then after hurricane Irma there was a huge fish kill last September. To be honest I haven't fished there in 3 years. I miss that place. Hopefully some positive reports start coming out. I would live to fish it again.
    Brad Krone

13. Banned
    The one w/Bobby Bear and they were fishing the SPRO Aruku Shad? That was right after the State sucked ALL the crap out of it; it was great for a while and then got weedier than a long hair rock concert .. Then it went to shit.

There was also a real nice Tackle Shop across the main drag from the gas station that sells the greasy pizza <--- Get this on the way home, unless You like hopping about the front deck like a raped ape hoping You don't shat Your trou...

I won the "Old Guys" that fish on Tuesdays out of Lake Rousseau. You put in any where and weigh the fish at Peaceful Acres @1300hrs. Then they rotate. $5.00 and also a BigBass. I motored out last, (I'm not in a big hurry w/a 150) hit that first dock and had the livewell full about 14 min. after getting there.

The one w/Bobby Bear and they were fishing the SPRO Aruku Shad? That was right after the State sucked ALL the crap out of it; it was great for a while and then got weedier than a long hair rock concert .. Then it went to shit.
    That is the one

There was also a real nice Tackle Shop across the main drag from the gas station that sells the greasy pizza <--- Get this on the way home, unless You like hopping about the front deck like a raped ape hoping You don't shat Your trou...
    10/4

I won the "Old Guys" that fish on Tuesdays out of Lake Rousseau. You put in any where and weigh the fish at Peaceful Acres @1300hrs. Then they rotate. $5.00 and also a BigBass. I motored out last, (I'm not in a big hurry w/a 150) hit that first dock and had the livewell full about 14 min. after getting there.
    That's always nice!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

15. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Is there anything wrong with the ramp across the lake from Tracey's? county road 514

16. Member
    Ramp is great. If the water is low or the weeds are bad it can be tough getting out of the canal. I have seen some sketchy folks hanging around the ramp from time to time.
    Brad Krone

17. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    Ramp is great. If the water is low or the weeds are bad it can be tough getting out of the canal. I have seen some sketchy folks hanging around the ramp from time to time.
    Cool, thanks! Just wanted to make sure it was worthy of putting a link to, in the "directions" thread..

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Yeah that ramp is at the end of a long road and some sketchy people. I’ve always stayed at PanaVista Lodge, but the ramp at Tracy’s Point is the best. I remember when you could actually fish miles up the river...only c,ear water I’d ever fished in the late 80’s early 90’s.

If there are some weeds and bluegill beds in the lake the bass should be there. I can say I’ve never attempted to throw a rat l trap in Panasofkee, too much weeds! I have to go see it just to know first hand.

Damn wedding tomorrow might screw up my weekend!