Thinking about pulling the trigger

Might have the opportunity to pick up a 2014 Ranger 519 with a 2014 225 ETEC(non-G2)... here’s my question. The boat only has maybe 15 hours on the motor. I know the guy personally and have fished in the boat. My concern is it hasn’t even touched the water some years and maintenance has been minimal, he just pumped out the gas from the second time he ever filled it. The price sounds pretty good but I’m nervous what kind of long term damage prolong storage may cause.
    Any thoughts? Concerns/cautions? Obviously the first thing I’ll be doing is fresh gas and filters...just want to be careful not to purchase a headache.

2. Member
    Put fresh gas in and take the boat to the lake.Stay on the water for a while and put some run time on the engine.If the engine performs to your satisfaction I would have no problem buying the boat.I think you would like the etec engine.Sounds like its almost a brand new boat.If the price is that good go ahead and pull the trigger.Remember the ranger boat and the same etec engine brand new would cost you a ton of money.Thanks,good luck to you and good fishing
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Have him get the 3 year service done then pull the trigger.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

4. Member
    Not that it makes a difference in motor condition but to clarify it’s a Z119C not 519....

5. Member
    I agree. Get him to procure 3yr maintenance and buy the like new rig.

Base price on that rig was 49,995 so you know he paid at least that. I love my Etec and if the price is right for you on that rig jump on it.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.