Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    SK didn’t drop or cut anybody loose, JLee is on the cover of the SK dealer catalog, I know they didn’t know it was coming

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikez521 View Post
    Yep, just enough to voice my feelings on a subject that has gotten out of control on this forum.
    Why dont you piss off then instead of continuing to feed into it. It is a fishing forum and a subject of the biggest news in the industry for recent years. For some, its exciting to talk about. If you aren't one of those people then skip to the next subject instead of dumping on everyone elses posts.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

3. triton
    Well said xchris I'm with you.....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Mercer and Zona lost Shimano because Shimano cut back or ended their sponsoring of anglers.
    On another post, I heard that shimano was going down hill. Maybe Zona knew.......

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yep. Shimano doesn't need dozens of pro's trying to shove a product down anglers throats..........

Shimano reels sell themselves.....

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Mercer and Zona lost Shimano because Shimano cut back or ended their sponsoring of anglers.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    +1 post count

Yep .....Since you started tossing the "Who Care's Bait" first you get credit for the first one in the live well

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Wish him the best no matter who he represents or what trail he fishes. He is good for the game and seems like a humble and classy young man.
    True.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    SK didn’t drop or cut anybody loose, JLee is on the cover of the SK dealer catalog, I know they didn’t know it was coming
    I would have thought Strike King would have locked Jordan into a multi-year agreement.

Do you think most anglers just have a 1-year agreement with sponsors?

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Sure is going to be interesting how year 1 will play out for not only the trails, but the individual anglers as well. Should at least be fun to watch from the sidelines!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Wish him the best no matter who he represents or what trail he fishes. He is good for the game and seems like a humble and classy young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Prestridge View Post
    I would have thought Strike King would have locked Jordan into a multi-year agreement.

Do you think most anglers just have a 1-year agreement with sponsors?
    The standards are 3 or 5 year deals. A few of course have longer and very few have stock options and % of named bait sales.
    Jordan got paid WELL, lets leave it at that
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Professional fishing is no different from any other sport on product. You use what you have the best profit from and who gives you the best business deal. If you want to know what equipment last and normal fishermen would prefer look at what pro fishermen that BUY their own equipment use. Was at onetime most was Shimano although I have seen some Daiwa. Steve Kennedy uses the old green Curado and has saw no reason to change. I have reels I keep till they wear out and I will always buy one or two new brands to try from time to time. Not because I am looking for something better but just because I like to try different things from time to time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234