Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    You are prolly right, what with all the non disclosure signings.
    Interesting that there are not any anglers that have reported "I was invited but I declined". Either a very strong NDA or everyone that is being invited is accepting.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Wish him the best no matter who he represents or what trail he fishes. He is good for the game and seems like a humble and classy young man.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 09-21-2018 at 07:27 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    This isn’t the first time Berkley has been sold. That umbrella on the fishing side includes Berkley, Abu Garcia, Pflueger, Fenwick, Stren, Spiderwire, and I’m sure some others that I’m missing. I’m thinking they’re heavier hitters than Favorite Rods but who knows
    No doubt they are a heavier hitter than a 1 year start up.

Start of a new year. Sponsors change alot for anglers, TV and leagues. BASS had Daiwa now. Bald MC guy has ABU now. Zona is Daiwa. It is a business. Highest bidder wins.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Start of a new year. Sponsors change alot for anglers, TV and leagues. BASS had Daiwa now. Bald MC guy has ABU now. Zona is Daiwa. It is a business. Highest bidder wins.
    Mercer and Zona lost Shimano because Shimano cut back or ended their sponsoring of anglers.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Daiwa was not a BASS sponsor. They are and have been a MLF sponsor.

7. Banned
    Who cares?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Who cares?
    ×2

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Who cares?
    x3 I was reading the Wall Street Journal this morning and couldn't find this world changing story anywhere just might have to drop my subscription

10. Banned
    Who cares?
    Who cares? x 4

11. Member
    I guess the last 4 post that say who cares, you guys are all on this post so you must care somewhat.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    I guess the last 4 post that say who cares, you guys are all on this post so you must care somewhat.

13. Banned
    +1 post count

"Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

15. Member
    A company doesn't care what trail you fish. They care about as much exposure as possible for their brand. I don't think you will see much of a change at all other than just the normal changing of sponsors by individuals.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy1 View Post
    A company doesn't care what trail you fish. They care about as much exposure as possible for their brand. I don't think you will see much of a change at all other than just the normal changing of sponsors by individuals.
    I would disagree. Wesley strader mentioned part of the reason for his switching to bass was his sponsors preferred him being in bass etc...while exposure is a huge deal, BASS is considered better exposure by many sponsors

17. Banned
    Yep, just enough to voice my feelings on a subject that has gotten out of control on this forum.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantman83 View Post
    I would disagree. Wesley strader mentioned part of the reason for his switching to bass was his sponsors preferred him being in bass etc...while exposure is a huge deal, BASS is considered better exposure by many sponsors
    Of course they prefer a certain trail but that doesn't stop them sponsoring people in them all. The difference will be the amount they pay to individuals if they go to a certain one but that won't stop them sponsoring others

Do people actually think that Strike King is gonna completely turns it back on BASS/FLW anglers?

They are not gonna completely disregard an entire base of a customer demographic they need and want.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Do people actually think that Strike King is gonna completely turns it back on BASS/FLW anglers?

They are not gonna completely disregard an entire base of a customer demographic they need and want.
    Yeah, and at least some of that demographic buys stuff at retail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast