Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Its not surprising that some don't/won't wait...American Culture at restaurants is to typically sit down gulp their food in 20 minutes and leave. Thats not having dinner out. Dinner out is drinks, conversation...food...dessert..coffeee...liqueurs. I've watched latin americans sit at a table for hours having a blast. Its a different culture around the world..Hell dinner doesnt even get going good in a lot of countries until 9 -10 pm...restaurant's stay open very late. i cant stand the stuff your face and leave dinners...not enjoyable at all.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassranger1 View Post
    Not always true. My wife knows I can't stand to wait, but I'm getting more tolerant in my advanced years.
    The opposite is true for me. I used to have a seat at the bar until my table was ready. Now all I want to do is eat.

3. Member
    My limit is 15 min wait at a restaurant. If they say the wait is going to be any longer than that I leave and go someplace else.

Chipotle Mexican Grill pretty much always have a line. I waited in line at least 20 minutes this week to get a burrito bowl. But man was it tasty and worth it.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Banned
    I would stand in line for Franklin barbecue

6. Banned
    Reservations are your friend.

7. Banned
    Some eat to live and some live to eat. Drinking is for ,well whatever. It is easy to tell which group someone belongs.

8. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    Reservations are your friend.
    BINGO! If a restaurant doesn't take a reservation I'm usually not going to eat there, at least during prime hours.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I cant hardly bring myself to do, much to the annoyance of my significant other. I tell her the last time I stood in line for chow was in the Army and I am not doing it anymore.

The humanoid NEEDS to eat, how about the people that wait over night to watch a premiere or get an autograph?

10. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    The humanoid NEEDS to eat, how about the people that wait over night to watch a premiere or get an autograph?
    or black friday..........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

11. Member
    being retired i pick my chowtimes and the places not crowded,i think friday night everybody goes out to eat, go monday night and walk right in same place,breakfast at 9 am lunch at 1-2 and dinner at 8 pm and your good to go

12. Member
    That’s been my experience. You might have to wait for the best places. I can send you to a few places you’ll probably never have to wait.

13. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    A lot of you are saying 15 to 20 minutes, hell I’ve spent that much time in a drive thru lane :-)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345