Thread: FLW Response

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    They are saying these new trails might look nice but they wont last with their business model. I partly agree with them.
    I agree also. FLW played it smart.

2. Member
    Well if either can produce a live weigh in that actually works it will be a step over BASS. As I set waiting for the BASS live feed to actually work.

3. Member
    Jyarb thank you for posting it. I will still watch all 3 when ever I have a chance fishing is much better of a watch than the other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    and if the players suck would you still watch?
    Yep, I watch for the game, who is playing has no bearing on whether I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aric11 View Post
    Do you watch more than the NFL? Personally I think a High School live game is a 1000 times more exciting then watching the NFL even if I don't have a dog in the fight, but that's just me. I specifically don't watch the NFL (or CFL for that matter) because of the Players and because of the Game. The game itself is awesome if it were left to just the game. But the Players, Coaches, Officials etc AKA the People of the game in part make the game whatever it is. I can't stand the politics and drama of the NFL so I will catch a local live game now and then instead if I feel the need to watch Football. Sure some of that exists in HS ball too, but not like in the Pro's. At least not where I am.

Point is whether or not one likes to admit it, the Players and who they are very much are a core ingredient to the game. Whether it's fishing, hockey, football whatever. You watch Pro Games to see the best in the world. The game alone doesn't provide that, the players do. I'll probably watch all 3, but I will most likely watch whichever has the most intense competition more intently. The game provides the format, the people make the competition. It's as simple as that.
    No matter who is playing, the game is the same. The guys that first played any game, don't play now, but we still watch.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    So you follow guys around the local wednesday nighter, then get back to weigh-in and take pictures? Do you watch preseason NFL when the 3rd string is on the field playing horrible?

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    So you follow guys around the local wednesday nighter, then get back to weigh-in and take pictures? Do you watch preseason NFL when the 3rd string is on the field playing horrible?
    I do watch almost all of the preseason games, even when the 3rd string is in. Lumping a preseason NFL game in with a Wednesday jackpot is a stretch. One of the sports I like to watch the most is college basketball. I don't watch it because of who is playing the game as it always changes, I watch because I like to watch the game.

8. Member
    If I'm watching a football game and the QB can't complete a pass or the running back is getting tackled for loss every hand off. Or the defense misses every tackle they try to make and the offense scores every play I'm not watching. Just like the Alabama Ol' Miss game Saturday night, after it got to be 21-7 I turned it off because the game wasn't worth watching but apparently we have differing opinions.

9. Banned
    I do watch almost all of the preseason games, even when the 3rd string is in. Lumping a preseason NFL game in with a Wednesday jackpot is a stretch. One of the sports I like to watch the most is college basketball. I don't watch it because of who is playing the game as it always changes, I watch because I like to watch the game.
    You sir are a committed fan for sure! I guess my ADD kicks in before then.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    If I'm watching a football game and the QB can't complete a pass or the running back is getting tackled for loss every hand off. Or the defense misses every tackle they try to make and the offense scores every play I'm not watching. Just like the Alabama Ol' Miss game Saturday night, after it got to be 21-7 I turned it off because the game wasn't worth watching but apparently we have differing opinions.
    Thats not a fair comparison. Thats like saying you saw KVD or Thrift go crazy at an event catching fish and you wont watch the other events because you think the rest all suck. The field being 80+ will be competitive top to bottom with your standouts and slackers like in any other sport. 99.999% here wont be able to even tell the slackers from standouts. Those who can do and those who cant type on a keyboard.

They are still going to take care of the weekend anglers & tournaments = Good For Them,

We are Life Blood of this Sport..

12. Member
    Hell they have new players in the NFL every year. Are some if you guys to watching Roger Staubach?

13. Member
    FLW is playing it smart right now, sitting on the sidelines and letting the other organizations squabble. FLW has a sustainable model and they have no reason to change.

That being said, unless they change their pay structure at the top tier and match the other two tours exposure levels, their best anglers will continue to seep away to BASS / BPT. Guessing Atkins is probably next with his recent Open win. Maybe Mark Rose too... I would bet Thrift fishes the Opens next year to qualify for the Elites also.

I do also agree that it is getting old watching their entry fees rise as their payouts decrease on all of their BFL/Costa levels. I doubt that's going to change anytime soon though..

14. Member
    Too many leagues waters down the end of year champion. You now will have three champions claiming the title of best fisherman and they will never go head to head against one another so we end up with 3 world champion fishing men. Now take those three at the end of the year and fly them to a lake not known and let them battle it out over three days then crown the champion and you have something people would watch..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Too many leagues waters down the end of year champion. You now will have three champions claiming the title of best fisherman and they will never go head to head against one another so we end up with 3 world champion fishing men. Now take those three at the end of the year and fly them to a lake not known and let them battle it out over three days then crown the champion and you have something people would watch..
    I know, it will be like the College fishing deal. There are 3 champions.

16. huskyjerk
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say BPT ends up with the best anglers. Even if rumors are true and FLW keeps Thrift and Morgan, FLW has already lost most of their best anglers to BASS. BASS lost most of their best to BPT. Yes BPT has some not so elite anglers on board but I think their 80 will be much better than Bass or FLWs. Whether or not you like the format, the MLF champ has to beat the best fishermen.

17. Member
    the old non-response response.

i think they are right - they don't need to respond. the other guys only have a finite number of people they are taking so they will get the leftovers.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Dont get him riled. I was just fixing to ask him to come watch me fish next time I go.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    MLF BPT 80 angler field shaking up the world. Crazy payouts
    BASS 80 angler field changing everything to keep up with the Joneses
    FLW 150 field aint changig sh1t!
    It's not about them changing anything it's about their field of Anglers is almost double the size, and they're payouts are the same as far as regular season tournaments go and their FLW Cup Championship pays out the same $300,000 as the classic. So the question is if I'm almost double the size of both Bass, and be BPS tour the competition is nowhere near as stiff in Flw and I don't have to qualify and I don't have to wait for a invite why would I go anywhere. ? FLW still going to draw Anglers and not necessarily all Pros. U can not consider guys who got a lot of money who actually own their own business who have enough money to fish the FLW tour as well Pros.

20. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    If BASS keeps their new and improved payout schedule going, FLW is going to lose even more guys to BASS, and or to the BPT
    FLW profits from all levels of fishing. If they loose some Tour pros it won't hurt them as much.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast