Thread: FLW Response

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

FLW Response

https://twitter.com/FLWFishing/statu...927632385?s=19

Flw response to the changes with MLF and BASS

2. Member
    Signal for a buyout

3. Member
    That’s a great response. You have a business model if it’s been working why change if one or two of your competors go in a different.
    STICK WITH WHATS GOT YOU THERE!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Great Response!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Great Response!!!
    +1

MLF BPT 80 angler field shaking up the world. Crazy payouts
    BASS 80 angler field changing everything to keep up with the Joneses
    FLW 150 field aint changig sh1t!

7. Member
    They were late to the party and caught off guard, they could not respond any other way. I think they will be fine as they are the only real game for second tier fishermen who have been shut out from the real Pro games.

8. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    The "we are happy in 3rd place" response.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

9. Member
    FLW is the only organization out of the three that has something for the most of us.....weekend anglers.

Bot the MLF and ELite proposals are pretty aggressive and it will be interesting to see if either can sustain that long term. One economic down turn and I suspect MLF/BASS will have to adjust entries/payouts to stay profitable.

10. Banned
    If you can’t run with the big dogs join the promotional pitchmen tour or the dink squad.

FLW has proved once again why they are the biggest tournament organization in the WORLD!

11. Member
    I think that response will keep the most anglers. Stay with what you know. Grass isn't always greener on the other side

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    The "we are happy in 3rd place" response.
    I predict that if FLW doesn't upgrade their TV coverage, they are going to be a distant third. Their idea of a good fishing show is anglers walking across the stage holding up fish and then the day after the tournament, they send a guy out with the winner to catch a couple of fish. I wonder if they have ever thought about giving Bob Cobb a call for some friendly advice?

13. huskyjerk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    If you can’t run with the big dogs join the promotional pitchmen tour or the dink squad.

FLW has proved once again why they are the biggest tournament organization in the WORLD!

14. Member
    Pretty easy to take that stance when you are only losing a few anglers.

15. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    I predict that if FLW doesn't upgrade their TV coverage, they are going to be a distant third. Their idea of a good fishing show is anglers walking across the stage holding up fish and then the day after the tournament, they send a guy out with the winner to catch a couple of fish. I wonder if they have ever thought about giving Bob Cobb a call for some friendly advice?
    There is FLW coverage on TV?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

16. Member
    Well Bryan Thrift looked real unhappy on his little streamed show the other day... It was very apparent he wanted to be invited to BPT. He also answered a fan question stating he may change to BASS. They will do what gives them potential for most money to support their family.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarrySlayer View Post
    Well Bryan Thrift looked real unhappy on his little streamed show the other day... It was very apparent he wanted to be invited to BPT. He also answered a fan question stating he may change to BASS. They will do what gives them potential for most money to support their family.
    He also choked on his sun drop when jocumsen was invited lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post

That is funny!!!!

19. Member
    Thought it was a pretty good response--Might have read it wrong but I saw no where in that letter that FLW was signaling for a buyout or that they considered themselves in 3rd place. Each fishing organization meets different niches for different anglers. Am glad that there are different choices for all anglers. Do not tourney fish anymore but FLW tournaments on all levels seemed to be top shelf to me.

20. huskyjerk
    If BASS keeps their new and improved payout schedule going, FLW is going to lose even more guys to BASS, and or to the BPT

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast