Thread: FLW Response

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The more I hear and read about all of this the more I am convinced all 3 trails will be just fine and coexist somehow. The sky is not falling. No one is gonna have to pack up and go under and there are enough anglers to fill the spots in all 3.

For all the guys calling this a "sport" and trying to put it on a level with other professional sports need to remember one thing. If there are not 400-500 professionals that can fill the spots over the 3 leagues then professional bass fishing is in trouble. If you can't get an average of 8-10 guys per state then it will never be a major player on any level.
    I agree Mark nothing really has changed. The spots left open by MFL will just fill up with someone else. The small world of Bass Fishing will still good around and around.

2. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    160 or so people fish BPT/BASS.
    1000s get to fish BFLs/Costas
    Until BASS or BPT/MLF create something relevant that the weekend angler can fish, FLW will be relevant and prevalent.
    Comparing the BFLs and Costa to the BPT & BASS is ridiculous. This is like comparing high school and college football to the NFL.
    The point is NOT what will happen to FLW Outdoors and their numerous opportunities for amateur competitive anglers. It is a comparison to the FLW Tour and what happens to it if anything.

Even IF they got the invites, would Thrifft, Dudley, Scott, Morgan ever leave FLW? What about Mark Rose? I think he's been on MLF before.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    Even IF they got the invites, would Thrifft, Dudley, Scott, Morgan ever leave FLW? What about Mark Rose? I think he's been on MLF before.
    Has the entire MLF offer / package been released ? Seems I saw the BPT fee / payout chart but I cant place MLF ? Could have missed it as there are like 36 different threads on here about this subject lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Has the entire MLF offer / package been released ? Seems I saw the BPT fee / payout chart but I cant place MLF ? Could have missed it as there are like 36 different threads on here about this subject lol.
    It's on Wired2fish

6. Banned
    FLW doesn’t need to change their payout because they make their money off the Bfl guys. Neither of the other 2 circuits have a grassroots level to bring in funds. If you think the anglers that fish BASS are superior to FLW or even the Costa or BFL shows me that you haven’t fished any of those trails.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's on Wired2fish
    Thanks I had not seen that before.

But now I'm more confused. I thought they invited 80 for the newly expanded MLF formatted events ? I thought the feeder circuit for MFL (BPT) wasn't starting until like 2020 or something. But you look at payouts for the MLF events and they only show an entry field of like 30 with the BPT circuit holding 80.

Are they now starting the BPT right off the bat with all 80 who accept fishing that circuit along with the top 30 MLF ? LOL I'm lost now

One thing that stood out was that half million payday for someone.

8. Member
    For me its not all about the anglers, its about the lakes they fish. Sabine River, Three Rivers Pittsburg, Ohio River are all turn offs as they are pure dink fests and is like watching paint dry. The AOY tourney at Chatuge is even tough to watch. I would never go on a fishing vacation to any of these places.

Which ever organization has the best schedule is going to get my viewing time.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    FLW doesn’t need to change their payout because they make their money off the Bfl guys. Neither of the other 2 circuits have a grassroots level to bring in funds. If you think the anglers that fish BASS are superior to FLW or even the Costa or BFL shows me that you haven’t fished any of those trails.
    This. Plenty of FLW and BASS pro's that fish BFL's and easily get their asses handed to them.

10. Member
    FLW will respond or react when it's either necessary or prudent. Right now there is too much uncertainty in their niche market. The next volley that will impact their model is the vague BPT "feeder" references. Perhaps BPT intends to develop their own qualifiers, etc. and attempt to eliminate or diminish any reliance on B.A.S.S. or FLW for angler development?

11. Member
    3k a tournament to fish bass 5k for flw. They better wake up if they think people wil just keep fishing flw. No one in their right mind would keep doing that long term. They just made sure the opens are full.

12. Member
    So maybe I don't understand FLW as it sits... But I always figured you had two FLW groups, the best of the anglers who just happened to be in the flw feeder system and end up on the flw tour. These are the guys who jump to bass when they make the elites through open finishes. The other group, which does overlap some, is guys that still either work for a living or have there own business and the shorter flw season is preferable because it doesn't stop them from making a living and force them to try to "fish" for a living. I put in quotes because without sponsors there aren't really any guys getting it done. Steve Kennedy is the closest.

Edit:
    I guess my question is if that is your customer base plus all the bfl's and Costa's why do you care what MLF/BASS do? Some of the working guys might be tempted by the exposure if it matters to them but those are the guys who'd probably make the jump with or without changes. I don't think it has to do with the long term viability... I just think flw understands that 2/3's of the guys on the flw tour aren't going anywhere.
    Last edited by bfrank; 09-22-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345