Thread: FLW Response

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Good for them - at the end of the day the competition is good.

I'll watch all 3 - I still like BASS better, that could change. I don't like the MLF weigh as you go, but i still watch. We shall see.

More options is a good thing.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Have the MLF 80 been officially named yet? How much is FLW paying Dudley and Scott Martin to stay if they don't leave?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Too many leagues waters down the end of year champion. You now will have three champions claiming the title of best fisherman and they will never go head to head against one another so we end up with 3 world champion fishing men. Now take those three at the end of the year and fly them to a lake not known and let them battle it out over three days then crown the champion and you have something people would watch..
    I’m all for that.

I remember a podcast episode with Randy Blaukat a couple years ago where he was talking about that very thing. He insinuated the bass boys got thumped pretty good and bass decided it wasn’t such a good idea anymore. It sounds like bass is circling the drain and they know it making knee jerk reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    I’m all for that.

I remember a podcast episode with Randy Blaukat a couple years ago where he was talking about that very thing. He insinuated the bass boys got thumped pretty good and bass decided it wasn’t such a good idea anymore. It sounds like bass is circling the drain and they know it making knee jerk reactions.
    Blaukat is nuttier than a squirrel turd. About the only way he can stay remotely relevant is to get on a podcast or blog and say some completely off the wall crap.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Blaukat is nuttier than a squirrel turd. About the only way he can stay remotely relevant is to get on a podcast or blog and say some completely off the wall crap.
    I remember at the time trying to figure out the format/series. Ultimate match fishing? PAA? I do know FLW had bass on it’s knees for years, probably still do.

Bass and FLW’s response tells a story of who is trying to stay relevant. Personally the only thing I like about MLF is it shows how much the pros struggle without a week of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    If I'm watching a football game and the QB can't complete a pass or the running back is getting tackled for loss every hand off. Or the defense misses every tackle they try to make and the offense scores every play I'm not watching. Just like the Alabama Ol' Miss game Saturday night, after it got to be 21-7 I turned it off because the game wasn't worth watching but apparently we have differing opinions.
    If it was 14-14 and that was happening would you turn it off? Do you enjoy a game of high school football? It's the game, not the players imo.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend LE-195 View Post
    Well he a better sign up for them Opens because they're not gonna just let him in...

I totally agree, but MLF has major money behind it and can afford it maybe amost indefinitely, BASS can't. FLW is in a good spot strategically for sure.
    If BASS loses 50 to 70 people. I think they will have to go after a couple of the FLW studs.
    They don’t have anything in place for that many Qualifications
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I always take time to take a glance at Big's post as he can come up with some good sayings this one sure ranks right up there

**The No Sip Rule when reading this post on the BBC was strictly enforced (Thankfully)

9. Banned
    I have been doing a bit of research and it appears Randy is correct. FLW smashed bass in h2h competition and bass had to bow out.

Probably why they changed their classic date as well, likely I meant. Honestly, I’m surprised to see all the water carriers holding on to the sinking ship.

Oh well, keep buying what they selling. I know I will enjoy my Folgers coffee in the morning and pringles for lunch

10. Banned
    Also, is Randy not writing the reports on bassfan? I mean

11. Tico
    FLW has been losing some really good anglers to BASS for the last 5 years or so. FLW's rate of attrition has been limited by the number of anglers that BASS has been replacing on the Elite Series via the BASS Opens.

FLW will lose more to BASS if the BASS payout model sticks around and in 3 years when the BPT starts taking in new guys via their qualification process.

FLW is already trying to reduce their field size in 2020. They can afford to be slow with improving their program and payouts.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    Have the MLF 80 been officially named yet? How much is FLW paying Dudley and Scott Martin to stay if they don't leave?
    According to Thrift and Arey on their website, Scott mati , Dudley, thrift, Morgan did not get the invites.

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    According to Thrift and Arey on their website, Scott mati , Dudley, thrift, Morgan did not get the invites.
    That tells a lot right there. Like I said before the mlf is not about growing anything. Its a corporate take over attempt.
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    That tells a lot right there. Like I said before the mlf is not about growing anything. Its a corporate take over attempt.
    Honestly, I think it's a group of anglers who don't want competition from the young elites and established flw pros

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    FLW has been losing some really good anglers to BASS for the last 5 years or so. FLW's rate of attrition has been limited by the number of anglers that BASS has been replacing on the Elite Series via the BASS Opens.

FLW will lose more to BASS if the BASS payout model sticks around and in 3 years when the BPT starts taking in new guys via their qualification process.

FLW is already trying to reduce their field size in 2020. They can afford to be slow with improving their program and payouts.
    I agree, don't get me wrong, I like the FLW and they have some really good anglers, but they have a completely different business model and I still stick by my post yesterday that said they will end up a distant third if they don't upgrade their tv coverage. However, maybe they are fine with that, it's their company and their money.

The more I hear and read about all of this the more I am convinced all 3 trails will be just fine and coexist somehow. The sky is not falling. No one is gonna have to pack up and go under and there are enough anglers to fill the spots in all 3.

For all the guys calling this a "sport" and trying to put it on a level with other professional sports need to remember one thing. If there are not 400-500 professionals that can fill the spots over the 3 leagues then professional bass fishing is in trouble. If you can't get an average of 8-10 guys per state then it will never be a major player on any level.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 09-21-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The more I hear and read about all of this the more I am convinced all 3 trails will be just fine and coexist somehow. The sky is not falling. No one is gonna have to pack up and go under and there are enough anglers to fill the spots in all 3.

For all the guys calling this a "sport" and trying to put it on a level with other professional sports need to remember one one thing. If there are not 400-500 professionals that can fill the sports over the 3 leagues then professional bass fishing is in trouble. If you can't get an average of 8-10 guys per state then it will never be a major player.
    One for each paragraph

160 or so people fish BPT/BASS.
    1000s get to fish BFLs/Costas
    Until BASS or BPT/MLF create something relevant that the weekend angler can fish, FLW will be relevant and prevalent.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Really and Honestly the new MFL deal and the Elite change will not affect anybody on here. No one on here will get any money from it so what does it matter. I have been a long supporter of FLW and always will be because it is the only trail I can really fish out of the 3 anyway since they run the BFL's. My concern with the FLW is they continue to go up on entry fee's and memberships for the BFL's and the payouts are dropping because of the increase.
    That's probably why I won't be fishing BFL's next year. More money for less payout. Boaters are shifting to be co-anglers for the lower entry fees, which leaves a glut of boaters and a huge waiting list of co's if they don't link up. Turn out in NC division is pretty pitiful this year. I can only imagine it's going to get worse. Especially when there are local trails, like Carolina Crankers, that pay out almost as much to 1st place with half the field and 1/10 the entry fee.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    If it was 14-14 and that was happening would you turn it off? Do you enjoy a game of high school football? It's the game, not the players imo.
    If its 14-14 then the scenario I stated isn't possible.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast