Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Looking for a deep V with casting decks (bass boat setup). Options?

The only one I’ve found after a little research is the Lund Pro-V Bass (XS model). I prefer the pedestal seating vs bench style. I would like to look at what other options are out there before I decide what to go with. It’s somewhat overwhelming looking for that particular setup with all the different makes/models out there. If anyone could suggest a few to look into to save me some random google hunting I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    The gotcha is the seating you are looking for... Crestliner has a Bass Hawk, but I don't believe you can get that with pedestals. Or you stuck on Aluminum, or will glass work as well. Several of the multispecies boats, like Ranger VS's offer drop in back decks, I believe Tuffy does as well. Are you looking at a dual console, single? My Champion Fishunter had a drop in back deck that made an awesome platform. For my current rig, I built a drop in deck extension (see thread below) that made the back deck huge to go along with the monster front deck. Alumacraft now offer the 205 in a single console and with double bubbles as well.
    Where in the hoosier state are you located?
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    The gotcha is the seating you are looking for... Crestliner has a Bass Hawk, but I don't believe you can get that with pedestals. Or you stuck on Aluminum, or will glass work as well. Several of the multispecies boats, like Ranger VS's offer drop in back decks, I believe Tuffy does as well. Are you looking at a dual console, single? My Champion Fishunter had a drop in back deck that made an awesome platform. For my current rig, I built a drop in deck extension (see thread below) that made the back deck huge to go along with the monster front deck. Alumacraft now offer the 205 in a single console and with double bubbles as well.
    Where in the hoosier state are you located?
    I don’t necessarily have a preference, but have only been looking at aluminum options. I’d prefer a single counsel, but wouldn’t mind a double as long as there is room to walk along the “side rails”, much like the Lund I referenced.
    I’m in southern lake county near Crown Point.

Warriorboatsinc. Com v193 can be made in a single console but it's glass. But there totally b a. I will get a v208 one day
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Actually the 1850 Crestliner Bass Hawk is available with pedestal seating, the 1750 only has the bench version. As far as new options the Lund or Crestliners are what you are looking at in Aluminum. In Fiberglass there really isn’t a good option similar to what you want right now. They were making the Z522D but that barge is too big for most situations.

If if you are good with older used options, there are a couple of variations of days gone by. One that can be found in the upper Midwest pretty regularly is the Alumacraft Phanton of the mid to late 90’s. They have a nice ride thru a chop with a bass boat deck on it. May need/want a repower depending on what is pushing it. Ranger had a few multi species boats that might fit the bill in the mid 90’s to early 00’s. The 681VS / 618VS are pretty good but there are some considerations that need to be taken into account with them as well. 17’-7” with an 80” beam is small in “today’s” world, but they are easy to handle alone and run great in bigger chop. I’ve got a 98 681VS that I absolutely love. It’d gonna take something special to pry it out of my hands.

6. Member
    My Tuffy 2100 is a fiberglass full deep v, with a huge casting deck up front. Mine is a single console with the back open and some storage. Most deep v/multi species boats have limited space up front, but the Tuffy seems to be the biggest available. The fishability of my boat is outstanding, I don't think there is a better boat for my style of fishing (big open water smallmouth). If you are looking for a smaller version, Tuffy makes an x-190 which is a cross between a bass boat and a multi species. You get tons of boat for the money with Tuffy.

7. Member
    I'd check out alumacraft competitor 205. Biggest front deck I could find in deep v. Also large rear deck with flip seat down. Lots of storage too.

8. Member
    Going new or used?

I’m looking same as you. I’m down to either the Lund if I go aluminum or a ranger 619 with a rear cast deck insert.

10. Member
    Just get a crestliner fishhawk or superhawk and add a rear casting deck and be done with it lol.

The Crestliner Bass Hawk 1850 and Lund Pro-V Bass 1875 both are available with pedestal seating, and are about the only new aluminum offerings in a deep-v hull with "bass boat" gunnel heights.
    Otherwise, you would need to look at more multi-species hulls, that will have taller gunwales (and typically more cockpit space vs. front deck space).
    You didn't mention what size boat you're looking for. On some of the deep-V multi-species hulls, the longer you go, the bigger the front deck. E.g., Alumacraft Competitor 205 CS has a ginormous front deck (compared to 185 CS).
    Crestliner used to make the 1850 Raptor CE (casting edition) back in 2009-2011 - it had the consoles pushed back with a HUGE front deck. Excellent rig if you can find used ones.

In fiberglass, Allison looks like a pretty incredible boat - narrow beam but steep deadrise hull that handles rough water... and "bass boat" deck layouts with bucket seats and more cockpit room than typical bass boats (XB-21 ProSport and XB-21 BasSport 2+2).
    Recon makes a couple very nice fiberglass multi-species hulls; the Tuffy X-190 is also a great example too. The older Ranger 690vs/692vs were nice and roomy, but hard to find on the used market.
    The 681VS / 618VS are pretty good but there are some considerations that need to be taken into account with them as well. 17’-7” with an 80” beam is small in “today’s” world, but they are easy to handle alone and run great in bigger chop. I’ve got a 98 681VS that I absolutely love. It’d gonna take something special to pry it out of my hands.
    The later Ranger 618VS made in early to mid 2000s were upped to 18' and 150hp rating. Fairly narrow beam by today's "wide body" standards, but they are an awesome all-around hull. Highly desirable too, as asking prices reflect their popularity.

12. Member
    Crestliner Kodiak series has pedestal seats. No longer manufactured so used would be your option.
    Please release me,let me go.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-I View Post
    Going new or used?
    My first instinct is always to go used, but I’m looking at both considering rebates, warranty, etc.

14. Member
    I took 2 years to try to decide the same thing. I went from a small 15’ glass bass boat and opted for the nitro zv 18. I wanted a balance between bass, Great Lakes,pan fishing,and occasional trolling.
    Have had it for 6 months and can’t be happier but you need to weigh out all options. There are many pros and cons in different situations. Quite a few have asked questions in the multi species forums if you open past posts. I recommend it. It helped me to make the best decision on such a large purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro450 View Post
    I took 2 years to try to decide the same thing. I went from a small 15’ glass bass boat and opted for the nitro zv 18. I wanted a balance between bass, Great Lakes,pan fishing,and occasional trolling.
    Have had it for 6 months and can’t be happier but you need to weigh out all options. There are many pros and cons in different situations. Quite a few have asked questions in the multi species forums if you open past posts. I recommend it. It helped me to make the best decision on such a large purchase.
    Those ZV's are nice boats the 18 now I think this year they rebadged it to the ZV19 is alot of boat for an under 20' boat.

16. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Don't overlook the Lund ProV sport. Large front deck, plus a full windshield is nice on cold days.

17. Member

Crestliner Dealer with Bass Hawk instock

Good Morning
    I am C.J. Brown with Lewis Boats in St. Peters, MO (St. Louis) I have a 2018 1850 Bass Hawk Pedestal Model instock with a 150 Merc 4 stroke with Humminbird Electronics and Minn Kota Fortrex 80. Check it out at our website lewisboat.com Give me a call at 636-949-9926 with any questions
    Sincerely
    C.J. Brown
    Sales

18. Member
    Have you looked at Ranger 1850 MS?

19. Member
    Exactly what I am looking for in my next boat. I have narrowed it down to the lund prov xs or nitro zv. Was surprised at how big the front deck is in the zv18. Can fish two guys up there no problem. Zv21 is a bit narrower on the bow than the 18 but is a bit longer.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Don't overlook the Lund ProV sport. Large front deck, plus a full windshield is nice on cold days.
    Im not a fan of the full windshield. I feel like it really kills the interior space and limits movement and layout of rods/gear. I not opposed to a dual counsel and am leaning towards that more now than I was when I started my search a couple months ago.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast