Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Some of the Fisherman series boats are kinda there but they have big windshields and pedestal seats. My preference would be for more of a bass style interior/cockpit with smaller consoles and windshields and a rear deck and bass-style storage.
    Ranger 522D

Out of production now but exactly what you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Ranger 522D

Agree but something not quite that gargantuan. My first fiberglass boat, a long time ago, was a 17' Yar-Craft side console. The interior was terribly cheap construction but the hull was amazing in its ability to smoothly take rough water. My dream rig would be an 18-19' Yar-Craft hull with a true, bass style interior, minus weird geometric shapes for the locker lids. Tuffy has something close but I can't handle a boat named 'Tuffy'.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

Agree but something not quite that gargantuan. My first fiberglass boat, a long time ago, was a 17' Yar-Craft side console. The interior was terribly cheap construction but the hull was amazing in its ability to smoothly take rough water. My dream rig would be an 18-19' Yar-Craft hull with a true, bass style interior, minus weird geometric shapes for the locker lids. Tuffy has something close but I can't handle a boat named 'Tuffy'.
    I agree with you. I'd love one of the 18 foot yar crafts setup like that. Or at best a bigger cast deck and still open with what is left in the back.

4. Member
    Hopefully Rick Pierce will listen cause that would be a great boat for me too. Make sure it has a 9 1/2' rod locker. But yeah, a Yar Craft hull with a shallow top cap with Bass Cat Pantera Classic like deck layout would be sweet.

... Tuffy has something close but I can't handle a boat named 'Tuffy'.
    You just need to wrap over the name - with a pattern that is so bada$$ no one will care what make it is. lol

The bottom one is fugly! IMHO

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

55901967_10218851129457639_7200054622071816192_o.jpg

Come on, they don't look that bad do they

8. Member
    I drool over this boat

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Ranger 522D

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    That Bass Hawk is a good looking boat. I would be considering that one as well if I were buying today. I thought for a long time that I would get a 1850 Fish Hawk and the Bass Hawks is a better layout for bass fishing. I always heard the the Fish Hawk did not have a good rough water ride but owners overall still loved the boat.

Another option with a kicker is to get a bass boat and use a sandwich Talon bracket and attach your motor to it. There was a guy on here from New Jersey that had that. I saw a guy at Newton a couple weeks back with that set-up. I asked him about it and he said it was rock solid with a 9.9.
    I have a 1650 fish hawk and it handles rough water NICELY...I added a rear casting deck thanks to my buddy in the trades.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

Quote Originally Posted by BassVoodoo View Post
    I have a 1650 fish hawk and it handles rough water NICELY...I added a rear casting deck thanks to my buddy in the trades.
    Sounds like you have the perfect boat.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345