Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    I fished out of a Crestliner Raptor on Saturday and was really impressed. Not sure how different it is from the Fish Hawk but it handled everything wonderfully.
    That Raptor is 7" taller at its max compared to the Bass Hawk These deep V boats already act as a sale in the wind compared to a glass bass boat. I'd definitely lean towards going to the smaller boat in the Bass Hawk over the Raptor for shallow water fishing. I am not sure how the Bass Hawk compares to my X-190 but I either flip or net every fish since I am standing up higher than in a bass boat.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    That Raptor is 7" taller at its max compared to the Bass Hawk These deep V boats already act as a sale in the wind compared to a glass bass boat. I'd definitely lean towards going to the smaller boat in the Bass Hawk over the Raptor for shallow water fishing. I am not sure how the Bass Hawk compares to my X-190 but I either flip or net every fish since I am standing up higher than in a bass boat.
    I crawled thru both models of Basshawks at last years boat show. Your Tuffy layout is nicer. The Crestliner skimped on a few things, probably to keep the pricepoint sub $30k

3. Member
    I bought a Bass Hawk this Fall—1850 w/ a Merc 150 4stroke and pedestal seats. I had a 1750 Fish hawk before. Ive been very happy. Great storage, especially the rod storage. Sitting low while driving takes a little getting used to. Tons of room in the bow and in the back for casting. Fished 3 out of it on a Fall trip with no problems. Always been a Yamaha guy, but the Merc has been a pleasant surprise. Tho rarely used, the jump seats work fine,too, when the family is onboard for a cruise.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Don't overlook the Lund ProV sport. Large front deck, plus a full windshield is nice on cold days.
    This. I have a 2175 pro v sport. Really its the best of both worlds. Rear seat fold down and make the back casting deck big, especially with the splash pan inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    This. I have a 2175 pro v sport. Really its the best of both worlds. Rear seat fold down and make the back casting deck big, especially with the splash pan inserts.
    Do you have any pics of the splash pan inserts you could post?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Do you have any pics of the splash pan inserts you could post?
    Let me look on my pics and see if I have one. They are pretty nice, carpeted and flush mounted.
    Fast forward to the 2:30 mark and you can see the rear filler panel under the swim ladder. I have that, plus another on the other side where you would typically mount a kicker.
    Last edited by grandbassslayer; 12-19-2018 at 08:33 PM.

7. Member
    Still on the hunt. Trying to find something in the next couple months. Appreciate all the info so far.

If I end up going with a new Lund do I have the option to order direct from Lund or a dealer? If so, which is the route to go? I’ve found some new pro V bass XS models in stock for quite a few places as well, so possibly picking one up that way is an option.
    Last edited by served_usmc; 02-19-2019 at 09:07 AM.

8. Member
    For used boats, the Lund Predator is what the Pro-V bass evolved from. There should be more of those on the used market than the new boats.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    For used boats, the Lund Predator is what the Pro-V bass evolved from. There should be more of those on the used market than the new boats.
    There are not. I check periodically just out of curiosity. 1 or 2 might come up for sale every year. Out of that 1 or 2, half the time they are tillers. The last 2013 i saw for sale, which happens to be the same year mine is, and the last year they were in production, was loaded and listed at 44k.

10. Banned
    I had to look. Theres one for sale on outdoorfirst.com fo 36k

Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    Still on the hunt. Trying to find something in the next couple months. Appreciate all the info so far.

If I end up going with a new Lund do I have the option to order direct from Lund or a dealer? If so, which is the route to go? I’ve found some new pro V bass XS models in stock for quite a few places as well, so possibly picking one up that way is an option.
    Have you seen the 2075 Pro V Bass in person? Thing is huge and I was salivating when I got in it. With the pedestal seats and flipdown seats, that boat would also make a great family boat.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

12. Member
    The 2075 Pro-V Bass XS is an incredible boat. My buddy Travis ran a demo last year and it is for sale at Rapid Marine in the twin cities, might have sold already. If I had the space and a bit more money I would most definitely look at the 2075. Not much that boat wouldn't do.

13. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Dealer in town has one that has sat for 2 seasons, not sure why it hasn't sold. 2017 model I believe.

14. Member
    Look at a Triton 216, or 206 Fish Hunter, large casting decks, great rough water ride. The best in the industry.

15. Member
    Respectfully disagree with your final statement.

16. Banned
    Lund pro v bass!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter206 View Post
    Lund pro v bass!
    I hear ya. I’m having a real hard time justifying the price tag, but I want it so bad!!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    I hear ya. I’m having a real hard time justifying the price tag, but I want it so bad!!
    I spent 3 years researching boats before buying my Lund. It's the predecessor to the ProV Bass. I looked locally, and out of state and was not overly impressed by any of the boats I looked at. The Lund catalog of the time didn't do justice to the Predator. I looked at the Lund line at the boat show and they didn't have a Predator. Fortunately I was able to see one in person a couple weeks later and I put down a deposit on the spot. If you are having difficulty justifying the coin because of your fishing habits, I can't help you with that. If you are having difficulty justifying the coin because you're not sure about the boat itself, you have nothing to worry about. I'm going to get flack but I feel their boat is superior to the competition. The layout, use of space, quality of construction, and knowing I'm safe makes Lund win hands down.

19. Member
    I really like my Lund Impact not sure if it's a low enough profile for you front deck is nice and with the rear jump seats down it's got a decent rear deck.

https://www.lundboats.com/boat-models/1875-impact/
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    I spent 3 years researching boats before buying my Lund. It's the predecessor to the ProV Bass. I looked locally, and out of state and was not overly impressed by any of the boats I looked at. The Lund catalog of the time didn't do justice to the Predator. I looked at the Lund line at the boat show and they didn't have a Predator. Fortunately I was able to see one in person a couple weeks later and I put down a deposit on the spot. If you are having difficulty justifying the coin because of your fishing habits, I can't help you with that. If you are having difficulty justifying the coin because you're not sure about the boat itself, you have nothing to worry about. I'm going to get flack but I feel their boat is superior to the competition. The layout, use of space, quality of construction, and knowing I'm safe makes Lund win hands down.
    I'll certainly be on the water enough to justify the purchase, but it's still a hard pill to swallow once you start throwing electronics, etc. into the price tag. I'm looking for something in the 35K range at the moment. If I ever take the leap and start doing any type of tournament fishing that would be the time to order the Pro V bass.

I've been looking at the Vexus AVX1880 the last few days and found a dealer for them about an hour and a half away from the house. Seeing as the Pro V Bass and the Basshawk are the most readily available boat that fits the bill, but it out of my price range, I've started looking at a more "traditional" style bass boat that fits the price range. The dealer I found has them equipt with middle-high range trolling motor and electronics right off the floor for about 33-35K depending on options. After watching a walk around review on YouTube it appeared that the boat was somewhat unstable (side to side) in calm water as the guy was walking around the boat. Something I'm going to have to look into, but just exploring more options. I'd like to have something in the garage by the end of May.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast