Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Shelby Twp, Michigan
    Posts
    145
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    Im not a fan of the full windshield. I feel like it really kills the interior space and limits movement and layout of rods/gear. I not opposed to a dual counsel and am leaning towards that more now than I was when I started my search a couple months ago.

    I agree completely. I had Tuffy take my full windshield down to a single console. It opens things up so much.

  2. Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    8,179
    #22
    Unfortunately a used boat of this style, unless it's a Lund Pro V or a glass multi species, will be hard to come by.

    The Ranger 522 is no longer being made. Tuffy is under new ownership. The Lund 1875 ProV is available without the full windshield. Both versions of the ProV Bass are available with pedestal seating. The Crestliner 1850 BassHawk is available with pedestal seating and appears to be relatively well thought out. Recon makes a semi custom musky boat in central Wisconsin and Joe Bucher has been fishing out of them for a number of years.

    Any fiberglass multi species boat should do what you want. They will also come with a hefty pricetag.

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lake County, Indiana
    Posts
    83
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Unfortunately a used boat of this style, unless it's a Lund Pro V or a glass multi species, will be hard to come by.

    The Ranger 522 is no longer being made. Tuffy is under new ownership. The Lund 1875 ProV is available without the full windshield. Both versions of the ProV Bass are available with pedestal seating. The Crestliner 1850 BassHawk is available with pedestal seating and appears to be relatively well thought out. Recon makes a semi custom musky boat in central Wisconsin and Joe Bucher has been fishing out of them for a number of years.

    Any fiberglass multi species boat should do what you want. They will also come with a hefty pricetag.
    i agree with the first sentence. If I’m finding them used, they are close enough to sticker price that I would just order a new one. I’m curious if there are any other manufacturers that have something similar in the works that’s worth waiting on. I would think there is a market for them (aluminum) and that others may jump in on the opportunity but that’s just a guess on my part.

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern , Il
    Posts
    2,937
    #24
    These look interesting.

    http://reconboats.com/boats/785/

  5. Member basscatcher89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, IL
    Posts
    7,331
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningmusky View Post
    These look interesting.

    http://reconboats.com/boats/785/

    Yeah the 985 looks appealing to. And they will build it to how you want if you want a big rear deck insert without the jump seats and all that.

  6. Member Junk Fisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tinley Park, IL
    Posts
    1,955
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DubyaDee View Post
    I agree completely. I had Tuffy take my full windshield down to a single console. It opens things up so much.
    Agreed

    I got my X-190 with dual console and taking out the passenger console was one of the best things I did to the boat. I am looking at putting a Just Encase box between the seats at the helm for extra storage that will also increase the rear casting platform.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Humminbird graphs and Talon

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mokena, IL
    Posts
    787
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Agreed

    I got my X-190 with dual console and taking out the passenger console was one of the best things I did to the boat. I am looking at putting a Just Encase box between the seats at the helm for extra storage that will also increase the rear casting platform.

    Build your own so it fits perfect. Pretty simple to do, I debated on that with my 205 and decided just to do mine own. My pics are in another thread. I'm near you, growing up in Tinley and Orland.. feel free to pop over to look at it.
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Lowrance Gen3 Network

  8. Member basscatcher89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, IL
    Posts
    7,331
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Agreed

    I got my X-190 with dual console and taking out the passenger console was one of the best things I did to the boat. I am looking at putting a Just Encase box between the seats at the helm for extra storage that will also increase the rear casting platform.

    Sorry to hi jack but do you have pictures of that? Just curious what it looks like with a single.

  9. Member Junk Fisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tinley Park, IL
    Posts
    1,955
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    Build your own so it fits perfect. Pretty simple to do, I debated on that with my 205 and decided just to do mine own. My pics are in another thread. I'm near you, growing up in Tinley and Orland.. feel free to pop over to look at it.
    If I could make one like you did, I would. Great work.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Humminbird graphs and Talon

  10. Member Junk Fisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tinley Park, IL
    Posts
    1,955
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Sorry to hi jack but do you have pictures of that? Just curious what it looks like with a single.
    I don't have any specific pictures but here you get a good idea how the interior opens up with the removed side console.





    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Humminbird graphs and Talon

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Blaine, MN
    Posts
    393
    #31
    Junk,

    I really like the looks of that X-190. Looks like a really great layout on that boat, especially with the single console. Needs a recessed pedal tray and an Ultrex though. That would be about the only change I would make. Nice rig for sure.

  12. Member Fishysam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    5,071
    #32
    https://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/cla...uffy.C.Osprey/

    The recon boats sure seem to sit low in the front when your on the trolling motor, joe butcher on YouTube will show you what I mean
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

  13. Member Junk Fisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tinley Park, IL
    Posts
    1,955
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    Junk,

    I really like the looks of that X-190. Looks like a really great layout on that boat, especially with the single console. Needs a recessed pedal tray and an Ultrex though. That would be about the only change I would make. Nice rig for sure.
    Thanks. The X-190 has been very versatile for me. Last week I was on a HP-restricted lake in central IL with a 9.9 hanging off the back and this past weekend I was on Lake Michigan chasing Lake Trout. I do get a little envious of the storage of the Pro V Bass and would consider one closely if I was shopping for a new boat today. Granted, they couldn't tell me if I could add a kicker to the boat so that would be a deal breaker if that was the case.

    In terms of the Xi5, it has been an awesome motor for me and I have been very happy with the purchase. I purchased my Xi5 before the Ultrex was released so it was never a consideration. The majority of my fishing is Great Lakes and the Xi5 does everything I need. The anchor mode is great and I have no issues with the pedal like some do. It's quiet, powerful, turns fast, and is easy on the batteries. I'd give it a 9/10. There are a couple minor tweaks I would make but it's still a fantastic trolling motor. I don't doubt that the Ultrex is a great motor and I would definitely consider it if I had to get a new trolling motor. I could see how cable drive is desired for shallow water fishermen but the Xi5 meets the majority of my needs perfectly.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Humminbird graphs and Talon

  14. Member basscatcher89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, IL
    Posts
    7,331
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Thanks. The X-190 has been very versatile for me. Last week I was on a HP-restricted lake in central IL with a 9.9 hanging off the back and this past weekend I was on Lake Michigan chasing Lake Trout. I do get a little envious of the storage of the Pro V Bass and would consider one closely if I was shopping for a new boat today. Granted, they couldn't tell me if I could add a kicker to the boat so that would be a deal breaker if that was the case.

    In terms of the Xi5, it has been an awesome motor for me and I have been very happy with the purchase. I purchased my Xi5 before the Ultrex was released so it was never a consideration. The majority of my fishing is Great Lakes and the Xi5 does everything I need. The anchor mode is great and I have no issues with the pedal like some do. It's quiet, powerful, turns fast, and is easy on the batteries. I'd give it a 9/10. There are a couple minor tweaks I would make but it's still a fantastic trolling motor. I don't doubt that the Ultrex is a great motor and I would definitely consider it if I had to get a new trolling motor. I could see how cable drive is desired for shallow water fishermen but the Xi5 meets the majority of my needs perfectly.

    See you have the same requirements in a boat as I do. I want the big casting deck bass boat setup up front open in the back with the ability to drop in a deck extension and use a kicker for restricted lakes and pulling boards or lead core. I read on here that Lund said no to the kicker on the Pro V bass. But I spoke with a crestliner dealer on here and he said the rep said the BassHawk which is a very similar setup was good to go with a panther bracket and a kicker.

  15. Member Junk Fisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tinley Park, IL
    Posts
    1,955
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    See you have the same requirements in a boat as I do. I want the big casting deck bass boat setup up front open in the back with the ability to drop in a deck extension and use a kicker for restricted lakes and pulling boards or lead core. I read on here that Lund said no to the kicker on the Pro V bass. But I spoke with a crestliner dealer on here and he said the rep said the BassHawk which is a very similar setup was good to go with a panther bracket and a kicker.
    That Bass Hawk is a good looking boat. I would be considering that one as well if I were buying today. I thought for a long time that I would get a 1850 Fish Hawk and the Bass Hawks is a better layout for bass fishing. I always heard the the Fish Hawk did not have a good rough water ride but owners overall still loved the boat.

    Another option with a kicker is to get a bass boat and use a sandwich Talon bracket and attach your motor to it. There was a guy on here from New Jersey that had that. I saw a guy at Newton a couple weeks back with that set-up. I asked him about it and he said it was rock solid with a 9.9.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Humminbird graphs and Talon

  16. Member basscatcher89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, IL
    Posts
    7,331
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    That Bass Hawk is a good looking boat. I would be considering that one as well if I were buying today. I thought for a long time that I would get a 1850 Fish Hawk and the Bass Hawks is a better layout for bass fishing. I always heard the the Fish Hawk did not have a good rough water ride but owners overall still loved the boat.

    Another option with a kicker is to get a bass boat and use a sandwich Talon bracket and attach your motor to it. There was a guy on here from New Jersey that had that. I saw a guy at Newton a couple weeks back with that set-up. I asked him about it and he said it was rock solid with a 9.9.
    I fished out of a Crestliner Raptor on Saturday and was really impressed. Not sure how different it is from the Fish Hawk but it handled everything wonderfully.

  17. Member CastingCall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    4,419
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    I fished out of a Crestliner Raptor on Saturday and was really impressed. Not sure how different it is from the Fish Hawk but it handled everything wonderfully.
    I mentioned earlier in this post, Crestliner used to make the 1850 Raptor CE (casting edition) back in 2009-2011 - with the consoles pushed back to allow a HUGE front deck. I search for used ones on occasion - pretty rare boats. But they'd be an excellent muskie/bass/crappie rig for me.

    Comparison between CE and TE editions:
    Raptor CE (Casting Edition) - console pushed back with longer front deck


    Raptor TE (Trolling Edition, only current version available)

  18. Member CastingCall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    4,419
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    I read on here that Lund said no to the kicker on the Pro V bass.
    Lindners need to do more trolling using a kicker... then Lund would listen and design/build the Pro-V Bass transom to handle a kicker without warranty concerns.

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Saukville,WI
    Posts
    189
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    I fished out of a Crestliner Raptor on Saturday and was really impressed. Not sure how different it is from the Fish Hawk but it handled everything wonderfully.
    I'll say it again, Alumacraft makes the Comp 205 sport with huge front deck and you can get a flip down rear bench. This model has the largest front deck, storage, and rod space I could find. The price with 250 SHO was comparable to a crestliner with 200hp or a lund with 150 to 175HP. I've been very pleased with my Alumacraft after getting rid of my multispecies Ranger. I think the Comp 205 Spt is the perfect smallmouth boat.

  20. Member basscatcher89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, IL
    Posts
    7,331
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by smallykiller View Post
    I'll say it again, Alumacraft makes the Comp 205 sport with huge front deck and you can get a flip down rear bench. This model has the largest front deck, storage, and rod space I could find. The price with 250 SHO was comparable to a crestliner with 200hp or a lund with 150 to 175HP. I've been very pleased with my Alumacraft after getting rid of my multispecies Ranger. I think the Comp 205 Spt is the perfect smallmouth boat.
    Man I must of missed your post earlier that is a beautiful boat and about the perfect layout for what I'm looking for.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast