1995 Javelin 389 radio?

Do you have a radio in your javelin? Where did you mount the radio and speakers?

Thanks

I don't but I have thought about it. You can get a radio that fits into you speedometer hole. A boat's speedometer is the most inaccurate gauge they have. They are notorious for being off and also getting clogged up. Most people today run GPS and use it for a speed reading. This pretty much makes the speedometer wasted space. In fact most new boats don't even come with one. Since the vast majority have GPS losing the speedometer is not an issue. Just make sure you unhook the line from the motor and plug it so water does not get pushed up to the dash panel. As for mounting the speaker I thought about getting a box speaker that would fit under the console and not be in the way. I had thought about mounting it to the back wall of the drivers rod box...this is all just a thought but I see no reason why it will not work.

This is what I had in mind if I ever decide to do it...

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-MG...rds=boat+radio

https://www.amazon.com/Herdio-Waterp...+with+speakers

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply, I didn't know a radio like that existed. You've got me thinking in a different direction JR19

4. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    I got rid of my pioneer and speakers a couple years ago. I now use my cell phone and Bluetooth earbuds. I can still hear the birds singing. I often fish alone.

5. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I had a sonic hub and built a speaker box under the console. It wouldn't win no stereo competitions but I could listen to music.