Merc 4 stroke oil

Don, in an earlier thread you mentioned the best oil for these new V8s is Merc 10-30 Synthetic Blend. I just got a couple gallons locally before I saw the thread and nowhere on these jugs does it mention "synthetic Blend". ​t just says 4-STROKE marine engine oil see 10-30. It has the FC-W stamp on it but thats it. Is this stuff OK to run in my new 250 Pro XS? Part No. 92-8M0078626. Thanks

2. Member
    Well did a little research myself being new to the 4 stroke scene. Merc only makes two 4 stroke oils. A 25-40 Synthetic blend for the Verado and a 10-30 for all other 4 strokes. It does mention on Mercs website that the 10-30 has a synthetic blend in it.

3. mikesxpress
    Mercury or Quicksilver that's the right oil.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Actually a lot more than 2 oils in the 4-stroke line.

Primary ones are 10w30 (Standard or Synthetic Blend), and 25w40 (Standard or Synthetic Blend).

Also have a 25w50 Racing Fourstroke oil (primarily for the larger Supercharged Verado models).

Synthetic BLEND will specifically state that on the bottle, and carries a different part number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor