Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have had a lot of days where I caught 50-100 dinks. Those are certainly fun but not nearly as much fun as giant bag. Now if we were talking about catching 50 bass in a day with a number of 2-4 pounders mixed in, I might consider that a better day than catching on 5 bass that went 25+ pounds.

I guess it really depends though. On my last trip, I didn't catch 10 bass the entire day but had just shy of 20 pounds but I was utterly ecstatic!
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

Sometimes the one. Sometimes the other.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    Most lakes in MN, if you catch 50 a day, which really isn't that uncommon, you're gonna have several 3.5-5lbers in there anyway. I'll take quantity any day.

It's amazing how ignorant some people can be. 90% of the time in tournaments...guys that are catching the heaviest weights, are the same guys catching big numbers. It's amazing so few people understand this. When you're on them, you're on them.
    I don’t agree with this. On days that I have caught some of my biggest limits,20# +, I caught very few fish,sometimes those were the only five I caught.

4. Member
    Depends on which pays more.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

5. Member
    Big’uns!

Most lakes in MN, if you catch 50 a day, which really isn't that uncommon, you're gonna have several 3.5-5lbers in there anyway. I'll take quantity any day.

It's amazing how ignorant some people can be. 90% of the time in tournaments...guys that are catching the heaviest weights, are the same guys catching big numbers. It's amazing so few people understand this. When you're on them, you're on them.
    Shhh haha
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I lived in ND and we had a lot of the same thing as you guys as far as numbers mixed with quality. However, I'd say that is a big difference between fishing up north vs south. If you are catching big fish down south, you probably are only catching a few and nothing else.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

50 one pounders hands down when fun fishing
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    With or without kids aboard? With kids 50, solo 5.
    Good answer. For me, it would be 5 four pounders. This spring we rolled up on a whole and caught about 20 1+ pounders in very short order. While it was fun because I' never caught that many fish out of such a tiny spot it did begin to get a little old. Now if I had some young kids with me it would have been an absolute blast!
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I never had Fun catching more than 5 or 6 > #1ers > I move somewhere else on the Lake.I don't fish Tournaments but I like #2(14inch) or better. I did not buy a Boat to sit on a Lake and catch #1ers all day. I was on a research Lake in Northern Wisconsin catching 9 to 13 inch smallies. We left after 3 hours of that B.S. My buddies catch and keep crappies 8-10.5 inches- You need a surgeon's knife to Fillet them. I would rather catch 2-3lbers than 50-100 12inch bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffth View Post
    I'll take the 50, and downsize to light tackle to make it interesting.

One of Raider's guides [Donnie] ( Glen Elder Ks) caught a huge walleye on a micro lite with 4lb line. No leader.

12. Member
    id get bored after the 25th 1 pounder. Give me big 1s.

13. Member
    25 three pounders

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    With or without kids aboard? With kids 50, solo 5.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

15. Member
    Its great to catch a bag of quality fish but I do love a day when the action is fast and furious even if they are small fish. My favorite way to fish is finesse with a spinning rod, smaller fish feel big on a light rig, and there is always a chance of sticking a good one.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

16. Member
    Golly gee, I sit here wondering as I type on my new I-Phone Max....in my mom's basement....I luv to see a tassel of little itty bitty bassy's caught by big strong men....give it to me!!!

The more the better! Just love catchin'em!

Sept here InSouthern Utah is schooling bass time. We have Northen strain bass here.
    State record is 10.02 out of Lake Powell.
    I caught 50 bass before 10:00 yesterday and had 63 by 12:00 when I pulled off the lake. I fished a 1/2 jig and caught bass from 6 inches to 3lbs. Week before I caught 81 fish. If your catching fish the big ones will come. I don’t target big or small fish and I’ve had those big fish days. I love to catch fish so size isn’t really an issue.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    One 50 pounder.

I'd take one 25 pounder over either choice.

20. Member
    I don't get to fish as much as I would like to. So at this point and time it would be quantity, but don't get me wrong nothing like a big fish on the end of my line.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast