Power pole line failure question

Had a stinking huge disaster, line fails on power pole where it screws into pump and pole deploys in my yard. My wife heard it dragging and says one of your poles is down. Dummy me grabs the key fob and hits the up button and then I hear the worst sound in the world , wonderful oil spewing all in the bilge of my 40000 ranger boat. What a blessing, well after trying to get the line back in the pump, the brass ferrite isn't going on the line correctly and after saying many words my wife has never heard me say before I gave up and will call customer service in the morning. It's 1237 am and I'm finally done washing bilge with dawn soap man what a blast, so my questions are how do I get the pole up so I'm not stuck in the garage till new lines come ? Are the new hydraulic lines any good and will they fit my 14 model blades?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    there is a conversion kit avaialable however it is more complex then just changing lines and is pricey due to all the parts needed to convert it over... as far as the line failure most of them are caused by not getting the tubing cut square and the ferrule doesnt seat properly causing a leak and sometimes a failure, as far as getting the pole up you can remove the lines from the pump place them in a container to catch the fluid and simple push up firmly on the pole , please make sure someone is holding on to the container and it has a small opening and is covered with a rag to avoid more fluid spills. Any other questions feel free to contact me ..

3. Member
    Thanks k and k. customer service is sending me the needed parts. Its 400 bucks per pole to convert to new hoses. Have to pass on that. These poles have been working fine for 3 yrs. Everything eventually messes up at times i guess but all that oil in the bilge compartment really sucks. Just an FYI im pretty sure the oil was the actual power pole oil and it did clean
    up well. I dont think id been so lucky with regular hydraulic fluid.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAND1611 View Post
    Thanks k and k. customer service is sending me the needed parts. Its 400 bucks per pole to convert to new hoses. Have to pass on that. These poles have been working fine for 3 yrs. Everything eventually messes up at times i guess but all that oil in the bilge compartment really sucks. Just an FYI im pretty sure the oil was the actual power pole oil and it did clean
    up well. I dont think id been so lucky with regular hydraulic fluid.
    why we always recommend using green marine fluid, glad they got you straighted out

5. Member
    Called customer service on Thursday morning and got all the needed parts today free of charge. Can't really beat that for customer service in my opinion. Powerpole is a good company to work with.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAND1611 View Post
    Called customer service on Thursday morning and got all the needed parts today free of charge. Can't really beat that for customer service in my opinion. Powerpole is a good company to work with.
    They are truly the best