Thread: Jane fonda

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Nope...wasn't invited to that one...I was 11 in 1975..How about you...?
    I was trained by Vietnam vets early in my career and they were key to making me a more effective combat leader down the road..I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who stepped up during that time.
    I was 1 and in a different country, but have huge respect for those that were involved. Every war is brutal for those on the front line, but that must have been in some ways worse because of the turmoil at home.

2. Banned
    She had a lot of narrow minded followers. Just another person that has disgraced our country and military just like those that do every day in this country and get paid for it. They should all go over there somewhere and take a knee.

3. Member
    POS !!!!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Should have left her in the jungle over there
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

5. Member

21 XD 225 Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Randrat View Post
    You have no skin in the game. You never served, so you have no idea what it is to lose a close friend to enemy fire. You were not spit upon. had dog feces thrown at you, and been generally denigrated because you chose to serve your country. Memories in my generation of soldiers are long. We will not forget. If you had to go to a black wall in Washington to visit old friends, you would understand.
    you hit the nail squarely on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    How many Americans has she killed??

Please, be specific.
    It gave the enemy leverage to prolong the war, how many do you think died because of her propaganda? they used her and the protests at home to drag it out even longer.. you need to do some research on the subject.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    It gave the enemy leverage to prolong the war, how many do you think died because of her propaganda? they used her and the protests at home to drag it out even longer.. you need to do some research on the subject.
    The enemy was committed until the end, their communist ideology meant they didn't have to worry about opinions back home so in that case she did not give them leverage. You could say she helped stir dissident here at home though. Everyones anger should be directed at our own inept government for losing the war, not hanoi jane.
    https://www.prageru.com/videos/truth-about-vietnam-war
    Last edited by grandbassslayer; 09-20-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Ok I suspect I’m not old enough to know what happened, so could someone just break it down for me In a few sentences what she did??

Here's some information for you...

http://www.26thmarines.org/janefonda.html

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

10. Member
    I know Kennedy sent some troops first. But do you Guys think we would have got involved in Vietnam as big as we did if he hadn't been killed? Always wondered about this.

....but Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda....

Boo

I served to protect and defend the US. Got a different viewpoint? I'm good with it. But dammit going to the enemy, looking through the sights of a weapon that is used solely for the purpose of killing me while wearing their hat with a big ol' grin? No! I didn't sign up for that. The bitch is giving a photo op for the enemy with that smile while guys in the Hanoi Hilton are being tortured. While we may not know 'how many guys were killed with that gun' the fact is that sons, brothers, fathers, and husbands were either captured or killed by those things. No. If she spontaneously combusts tonight I wouldn't give a happy damn no matter how sorry she is.

Some actions should not have statute of limitations, treason is treason. I cannot imagine what those that served and felt betrayed must feel toward her and other like her. Someone that wasn't born yet said they could understand how a vet of that time felt, I don't think there is any way possible to identify with what our vets from that era went through. Worst treatment of any group of law abiding, obey the draft, fight for your country as ordered to come home to all kinds of crappy treatment back in the USA from both public and their government. I am glad we have learned not to blame the soldier and in general show respect to those that serve today. Thank you to all that served on this board!

There's quite a difference between someone (of any ideology) taking a deferment from service and someone willingly doing photo shoots with the enemy. Not everybody is cut out for the military. Lots of guys got jammed into it, I get it. But those that sucked it up and went are to be praised. Those that ran away were (and are still) douche bags. We're talking about a bitch that took it upon herself to cozy up to the enemy.

16. Member
    Served 69-70 I personally think they should have lynched her

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    Served 69-70 I personally think they should have lynched her
    Served many years (20) later, born in '70, and I agree.

18. Member
    Danny

19. Member
    I heard her state once that she regretted what she did. Some things just can't be undone. She turned her back on her country and the fine soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors who were there just trying to do their best in a bad situation.

Heck HBO is going to have a show on her

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast