Lightbulb 1998 Ranger R91 Sport Livewell Rebuild

I have recently purchased this boat for my son and the livewell needed some refreshing. I thought I would post some photos for people who are interested in seeing what has gone on.

#1 there was a crack in the bottom of the livewell. This was definitley leaking despite having silicon on it trying to seal it up.
    #2 The livewell plumbing had been tampered with and seemed odd in the configuration.
    #3 All pumps seem to work
    #4 no strainer on the intake port
    #5 Actuator control was stiff

If you want to see all the pictures, you can look here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e7omK3wGaxAomuS59

I was able to pull the actuator off and with a lot of effort, eventually pull it apart and lubricate it with silicon. works perfectly. cable moved very well also.
    Basically ordered all new hoses, fittings and valves. I am using the pumps for now since I have two livewell pumps, if one breaks, I am not left stranded.
    the current setup had two drainplugs with one valve, I will keep that setup.

Just got the livewell fiberglass tank crack fixed by an autobody guy. Made sure no bondo is in it, but he used clearcoat, not gelcoat. Hopefully that will be okay for strength.

Flowrite is supplying all the hoses and fittings. They should come by Friday.

There is more photos and video on the google link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e7omK3wGaxAomuS59
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coxwain; 09-19-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: 1
    Current: 1998 Ranger R91 Sport, 2003 Mercury 200HP EFI 2.5l, OT749297
    Smartcraft motor- analogue gauges
    NMEA2000 backbone for Motorguide Xi5 and Lowrance Elite Ti 9" connected to run trolling motor
    Separate Garmin 942xs 9", run off of trolling motor transducer, not NMEA2000 connected yet.

1st Boat: 1984
    Ranger 350v Raspberry, 1987 Mariner Magnum 150HP 6cyl

2. Member
    Painted the livewell today.
    NMEA2000 backbone for Motorguide Xi5 and Lowrance Elite Ti 9" connected to run trolling motor
    Separate Garmin 942xs 9", run off of trolling motor transducer, not NMEA2000 connected yet.

That looks amazing! Nice work!

4. Member
    Good to go nice job! Looks factory new.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    very nice job on the livewell for sure , you do good work
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

6. Member
    HEre are the more completed pictures. I used Quicklock from Flowrite where I could. Because there was a two drain holes to one valve setup I had to change things around a little but overall, I minimized connection joints and can pull out the whole setup for service with minimal effort.

just an FYI, I used a seaflow pump to replace a Johnson pump because the houseing barb connection was broken. I was hopping that I could use the johnson pump in the seaflo housing but they are off just a little bit. As well the seaflo pump is a little louder than the johnson pump.

I should have bought a replacement Johnson pump, but I am sure this will last a long time. I have one spare johnsom motor now that I can pop into the bilge or the other johnson livewelll pump should there be an issue.