2016 Yamaha VF115 SHO VMAX 115hp Trim gauge installation?

Hello,

I recently installed new gauges in my boat, I've included a "TRIM" and water "PSI" gauge.

I've traced the "TRIM" sensor in between the mounting brackets up into the lower engine cowling, It's a pink wire that goes into a disconnected Molex type connector with yellow tape wrapped around both loose ends. I was told by someone that this wire is routed under the console area, where I could attach it to my new TRIM gauge. I've searched for this wire under the console and couldn't find it any where. Could I run a separate wire and attach it to this Molex type connector with the yellow taped I spoke of earlier? The gauge I purchased is a standard generic type gauge.

On another issue, I can't seem to find a place on the engine's water jacket to install the PSI tube adapter into? Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Jeff
    Last edited by thyNemesis; 09-19-2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: deleting repeated info
    2016 Xpress H20B, Hyper-Lift hull, Yamaha VF115 SHO V-max.
    CMC Power Lift 10" offset Manual jack plate.

2. Member
    Leave the pink wire from the trim sender alone. It goes into the main engine harness. There is a four pin connector that normally feeds engine data to a Yamaha tachometer and/or trim gauge. One of the wires is pink. That is where you can tap into the system to get the trim gauge to work.

Yamaha makes a wire harness that will plug into the four pin connector in the engine harness and which will plug into Yamaha gauges. You could use that harness to keep from cutting and splices wires on the engine, which might compromise the warranty.

Can't help you specifically with respect to where to tap into the cooling system. There should be a place on the side of the block where an optional pressure sensor can be installed. Look for an unused connector with a W on it. That is the connector for the pressure sensor. Wherever the pressure sensor connects to the block is where you can install an aftermarket component that can be used to provide water pressure to a gauge at the dash.