Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    At least twice that i can remember, maybe more. Worst was at Kerr in early Feb and water temps were cold. Had a one piece insulated suit (for hunting) on because it was in the low 30's. Was trying to retrieve a sb in 10' of water but appeared it was just rod deep. It was so clear i misjudged big time. Like to never got back in the boat. Stripped down to the birthday suit and pulled out the dry back-up clothes and everything was ok in a few. The wife happened to be with me that day. She did walk up to the front of the boat and look over at me and asked if i was okay???

2. Member
    Yes, happened to me a couple of years ago. I was fighting the wind in flooded timber and I made a sharp turn with the foot control. I hit a stump that was not visible because of the chop and lost my balance. The water was about 20 ft deep, but luckily it was in May and not that cold. I made it back to the boat easily, but I like to have never got my big ass back up in it. In hindsight, I should have used the outboard and trim to pick myself up. Just glad I didn't hit another stump when I fell. Lost an IPhone and got a good scolding from the wife when I told her about it. Had a recessed TM tray installed a few weeks later to avoid doing it again.

3. Member
    Not yet....but one of them wake boats is gonna get me....just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by lakes View Post
    Not myself...... yet! But I have seen 3 exit unwillingly, all of them graceful including cubswin on here.
    Haahah got it!

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    At least twice that i can remember, maybe more. Worst was at Kerr in early Feb and water temps were cold. Had a one piece insulated suit (for hunting) on because it was in the low 30's. Was trying to retrieve a sb in 10' of water but appeared it was just rod deep. It was so clear i misjudged big time. Like to never got back in the boat. Stripped down to the birthday suit and pulled out the dry back-up clothes and everything was ok in a few. The wife happened to be with me that day. She did walk up to the front of the boat and look over at me and asked if i was okay???
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    I fished a miserable BFL at High Rock Lake in late Feburary or early march a few years back. The lake was real muddy, real cold and the fish had lock jaw bad, think 3 lbs got a check on the boater side and not enough coanglers even weighed fish to take all the checks. I had put in at a ramp across the lake and picked up my co at the take off. We both endured a cold day with some drizzle and snow flurries and both blanked. I dropped him at the weigh in site and he was gone... no thank you, no f$@# off, no gas money... he just bolted. I ran back across the lake to take out, somewhat frustrated and ready to go home. I come into the dock coming in at about a 45 degree angle across the corner, boat is moving a smidge to fast and i step a smidge too far onto the dock with rope in hand. I get both feet on the dock and about that time the rope yanks me off the dock into the 44 degree water, fully dressed to endure a 40 degree day on the water. I swim about 1/2 way in and a guy loading up dragged me to the ramp.
    Did anyone see this?

7. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I was on Menominee River UP coming into the Launch on Cowboy Lake- dehyrated after a whole day of fishing and ran the trolling motor is a whole patch of weeds. Took the weeds off and held the motor up to get thru the patch and when I was taking somemore more weeds off the motor, the front fiberglass was wet and had some wet weeds on it and I fell into the big patch of weeds. I just swam the 100 feet to the launch towing the boat by holding the trollingmotor.

8. Member
    First time I ever went fishing at 8 or 9 years old.

My oldest brother and a cousin were going. I begged my father to let me go with them and he made my brother take me. They were fishing on a jetty on the CT river in Hartford near where the Colts factory is. We were catching bullheads and then giving them to people farther down from us. My brother saw a bucket floating and said that we could use that to make carrying the fish easier. I climbed down on the rocks to lean over to grab it and fell head first into the heavy current. Not sure how I wasn't swept away but managed to grab ahold of something and my cousin pulled me out.

I went back to that spot 28 years later when I fished my first tournament on the river. I wanted to see what the current was like and how deep it was. The pull was strong and it was over 12 feet deep. I skipped swimming lessons to go fishing that day and must of had just enough lessons to be able to survive.

9. Banned
    One time during a Winter League tourney on Deal Lake. I think it was Dec 28. Had to shake the dew off the lily but a lot houses on the shoreline. Tried kneeling when the boat shifted and over the side I went. Funny thing was, I grabbed the shaft of the trolling motor so I flipped over the side, like a gymnast dismount.
    As an aside, I previously saw a Zona video on how to get back into the boat if you fall overboard. It worked.

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    took about 28 years but went off the back of my buds boat in a tournament a couple years ago , got to the 1st spot and jumped up on the back deck next thing I know I'm being pulled out of the water by him thank God my inflatable worked. then he gave me an old rain suit to wear about 2 sizes too small quite the sight but we cashed a check, but lost my keys and phone so not really enough to cover it...lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

I hate to admit it but yes I have.

Night fishing I hit a stump while standing on the front. Boat went left, I went right and got wet. Never came out of the water so quick.

13. Member
    On Greers Ferry about 120 yrs ago, hung my last favorite crainkbait 20 miles from the ramp, and the LM were hammering it. Stripped of and over the side to unwind around a stump. Tried to get fishing bud to help me back in the boat but he was too busy filming.
    Did a perfect 10 on the boat ramp at Horse Creek on Dale Hollow one December. Early one morning after a boat launched, the trailer left water on the ramp and it froze. While crossing, I think I did a 360 and did a 3point landing on my butt ! Jack Huddleston said "they" didn't laugh until after I got up and seem to be ok .

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    During the winter drawdown I threw my jig up near the bank and got hung on a rock. I ease the boat up to it so I can free may bait. It's hung pretty good but only in about 1.5' of water. I am right over the top of it and the boat is moving too close and I am afraid I am going to break my rod tip. I went to reach for the trolling motor pedal and somehow lost my balance. I knew I was headed in but I also had enough time to react and try and make a jump for the bank. I jumped and almost made it to the bank. I barely got my feet wet. The problem was when I jumped this shoved the boat away from me. To complicate that it's during the middle of the week in the winter so there is not a lot of boats on the water. I just watch my boat slowly drift away for about 100 yards or so. With nothing to do but watch my boat float I just start walking the bank looking for lures. After about 45 minutes someone comes along and I flag them down. As they ilde up to me on the bank they say "you lost something" poking fun at me knowing my boat was well away from the bank. It was embarrassing but I was fortunate the only bad thing was I barely got my feet wet.
    I experienced this back years ago when I thought Id tie the bow rope to the trailer .. As I sat on the ramp watching my boat drift off some guys pulled up and was loading christmas trees onto a pontoon boat. I said wanna make 20 bucks ?

15. Member
    Fishing a tournament a few years ago with my buddy in his boat and we were both standing on the front deck..he hit the trolling motor and in I went...lucky it was summertime....last year my buddy did the rod in the water thing and he went to retrieve it and ended up in the lake...pretty funny and that was also in the summer.

16. Member
    Yes and yes. To cool off and on accident.

17. Member
    Went to pick my wife up at the dock, wind is blowing and as she goes to step in the bow the wind catches the boat, she does the splits and drops in the water with her brand new iPhone in her pocket.
    Came up spitting water and cursing the wind like a trucker. She don't go much any more...………...

18. Member
    54 years old and fell in for the first time last month.My buddy backed my trailer in,I jumped down from the deck to the LARGE step.....missed it,fell in the water.Bystanders laughed,I laughed with them.

19. Member
    I abandoned ship I mean canoe when fishing a small pond in Northwest Florida. The hornets were on me faster than a speeding bullet when I unknowingly hit their nest with my paddle on a stump. I was stung at least 20 times before I hit the water and swam to escape.

20. Member
    Haven't fallen into the water but a couple years ago during a rain storm I had the boat on the trailer and was in the parking lot trying to retrieve my fish out of the livewell for a tournament weigh in. I was in flip flops on the back deck when I slipped and ended up bouncing off the pavement, not a fun day!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast