Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Table Rock Lake pre take-off, I'm on board with my partner but near the dock and I remember that I left something in my truck. He trolls us over to the dock and I move up front next to him and reach for the corner post and step at the same time. The boat starts sliding back so I push off and jump to safety onto the dock. I turn around to check with my partner and he is gone, no longer standing on the front. Within seconds he surfaces, spitting water and swearing like a truck driver. That was a long day but I still can't stop laughing and smiling.

On Mark Twain fishing off the rear deck of a new Ranger in the standing timber ... the side rub rail was brushing against a tree. I went to push off to clear the timber and the tree I pushed off of broke off and I went flying in coveralls and all. Lucky the boat had a rear ladder. That was the first time I went in.
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 09-19-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    I’ve only fallen is once while fishing. The first was many years ago,I was fishing alone on Tar river and broke off 6+ in a tree top,re-rigged and pitched into the same tree and got a bite. I was gonna get this one out before he wrapped up so I hit him hard,a 2#’ came flying up over the boat,out the other side and I went right in with him. I took a step back on the hook set and there was nothing there. I jumped in once though. I had a toad tied up in a primrose patch and I was gonna get that fish no matter what so I handed my rod to my buddy and hopped into what I thought was 1.5’ of water,it was more like 4’. Turns out my toad was a black fish or bow fin about 6# but I did get him.

3. Member
    One time on Wedowee Oddly Enough, I was fishing out of my old Jon Boat and my trolling motor hit a stump while I was trying to hold in the wind. It broke the mount off the bow of the boat. Me, rod, and trolling motor went in. I came up holding rod in one hand and trolling motor in the other.

A couple of times. My most “graceful” was in a club team tournament. We could only weigh 5 but had a “Barbie Rod” challenge. We could weigh a 6th fish if it was caught on the Barbie. I took off the original line and put on braid. I had a jig on it and saw about a 4 pounder going for it. It hammered the jig and I set the hook hard. The rod went flying out of my hand, landed on the deck then went into the water. I dove for it and was able to touch it but not grab it as it sank. I ended up with my feet under the front leaning post/seat, my body angling down towards the water with my waist on the gunnel and me straining my stomach muscles to stay dry. My teammate got my wallet out of my back pocket and tried to lift me up. I ended up sliding down over the gunnel, nailing the family jewels on the way over. I got the Barbie back but the fish was gone.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Once, trying to catch a dropped rod. Cold enough to be dangerous, by myself, had my Carhartts on, glad I had a ladder.

6. Member
    Went in once. Trying to fish offshore in 30+mph winds and blowing rain sideways. Throwing a 3/4 jig and it was blowing hard enough that if i felt anything i set the hook. Had already caught 2 and felt my jig get heavy. Reel down and set the hook on a rock and the wet rod slipped out of my hands into the water right beside the boat. I quickly dove down onto the side of the boat to grab the rod and had a little too much momentum. First thing i remember was coming back up, full raingear and boots and all. I quickly grab the side of the boat and realize my rod is laying on my leg (not sure how that happened) and my glasses were in the hood of my raingear. Swam around the boat, hopped on the engine and trimmed myself up and bellyflopped into the splashwell. Was first thing in the morning and made for a miserable day. Makes you realize how quick you can be under water and not even realize it. My boat had drifted several hundred yards by the time i got back in, glad i got ahold of the boat when i did or i may not have caught it
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2x and counting

once in February, very cold water, ice in guides cold, the other time it was much warmer around 50 degree water, but the absolute worst, pushed off of an old dead snag and the top feel on me, out cold as a cucumber, but stayed in boat, and I was by myself
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

8. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Hah, I've done better than falling in the water.. I've fallen on to the DRIVEWAY!
    I stepped up on the step on the trailer, put the next foot on the front of the boat and before I know it I was falling on to the DRIVEWAY!!!
    I did manage to break my fall some what with my left arm and hand. Fortunately all I got was a scratched left elbow..

9. Member
    Not recently lol

Been a good 25 years since I fell in the drink
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

10. Member
    Jump in during the summer to cool off.

Slipped off the tongue of the trailer once while doing the tightrope maneuver to attach the winch strip to the bow eye of my old 14' aluminum boat, got out so fast that my wallet in my back pocket didn't even get wet. It was summer so not too terrible.

Had to get wet to my chest once fishing from shore, had a live worm on one rod on the bottom, the other rod was casting a plastic worm to some reeds. Had my back to the live worm rod, heard a splash, turned to see my rod/reel quickly going down into the water. Ran into the water to my waist and lunged managing to grab it. Pulled in a 10 plus pound carp after a nice fight once my feet were back on shore.

11. Member
    Set the hook on a fish that had me wrapped up and the pole shot out of my hand before I could get my hands on it my partner does a cannon ball on top of the rod hands me the rod and I finish reeling in a giant 10” bass! I could hardly help him get back in the boat from laughing! He was still pumped up from catching one almost 5 pounds and luckily we caught one over 5 about 10 min later! Turned out being a great tournament I really wish I had it all on camera
    -Lance
    Bullet 21XD Mercury 250 Pro XS

12. Member
    Only when it gets around 110 or higher.

13. Member
    Fishing a club tournament back in 1995 on Lake Barkley. Fishing down the bank and saw a crankbait in a big willow tree up ahead, I eased the boat into the middle of the tree and reached for the bait. When I got hold of the bait my other hand slipped off the boat but I was able to catch myself just before going in. Partner got a good laugh out of it. Did get the crankbait!

Yep, got a lure wrapped around a support cable of a dock went to get it and put one foot on the dock. Then the boat starts drifting away while I'm doing the splits, luckily it was summertime.

15. Member
    Haven't done it yet but last weekend I was the closest I've ever been to it. I thought for sure I was gone but BARELY stayed in. Surprised I didnt break a few rods hanging on

16. Member
    Not me but partner just got new TM, much more powerful than his old one, forgot it was on top speed after moving turned motor hit power and over the side he went. It was early March and quite chilly, dug out rain suit stripped off put it on and we fished rest of the day.
    Joefish
    2007 Ranger 178DVS
    Evinrude ETEC 150

<*)}}}><

17. Member
    Not recently, but I am a charter member of the MLSC

18. Member
    i've gone in twice - 20 years apart - same lake.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

19. Member
    Only one time, kneeling down trying to get a nice fish that was hung in a bush. I got my weight too far out over the gunnel and in I went head first. It felt like slow motion, just could not stop going over. Lucky for me it was summer time and the water was only about five feet deep. I had a heck of a time getting back into the boat, my buddy was laughing so hard he could not help pull my fat butt in so I had to go around to the back of the boat and climb up the motor to the back deck.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

20. Member
    I haven't fell into the water, yet, but I was working on my boat in my shop and fell. I was distracted and the best I can guess is that I just "walked" off the boat. I broke a rib when I landed on my side. That took a few weeks to heal.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast